Chapter 4: Predator vs. Predators

September, 2009

Japan, Tokyo (Aizawa Residence)

Inside of Shota's training room, Shota had just finished teaching Denki the basics of how to properly utilize his cursed energy and was about to teach him about how to use his innate technique.

"In order for a Jujutsu sorcerer to be strong and efficient at killing curses, they must have an innate technique and learn to use it to its fullest potential," Shota explained.

"Their what?," Denki questioned.

"Their innate techniques," Shota reiterated. "Innate techniques are powers that some sorcerers have etched in their brains when they are born."

"You mean superpowers?!," Denki asked in an excited tone.

"Essentially, yes," Shota confirmed. "I want to see if you have the ability to use an innate technique, so today I'm going to teach you how someone activates their innate technique."

"Really?!," Denki exclaimed, excitedly. "Cool! So, will I be able to shoot lasers from my eyes?! Will I be able to run super fast?! Will I-"

Before Denki could continue asking what power he would get, Shota covered Denki's mouth with his hand.

"If you don't relax and stay quiet, I won't tell you how to use it," Shota warned.

"Sorry, Sho," Denki mumbled due to Shota's hand being over his mouth.

Shota moved his hand away from Denki's mouth and sighed.

"Alright, the way that you find out if you have an innate technique is really simple," Shota confessed. "All you have to do is think long and hard about wanting your pwer, and if you have an innate technique, then you'll be able to use it with no problems."

"That's it?," Denki questioned.

"That's it," Shota confirmed. "Like I said before, your innate technique is formed in your mind when you are born. However, since you didn't know what cursed energy or cursed techniques were until recently, the information about what your technique is and how it works is locked away inside your head. If you focus on trying to uncover your innate technique, you will know what it is and how you use it"

"Huh?," Denki uttered, not able to digest all of the information that Shota dumped on him.

"To put it simply, try to focus on getting your power and you'll know what your power is," Shota simplified.

"Oh, okay," Denki replied before trying to focus on getting his power.

A few seconds after he began focusing, Denki unconsciously started channeling cursed energy throughout his entire body before converting it into electricity. Denki opened his eyes and looked at the electricity that was flowing throughout his entire body before smiling in excitement.

"Awesome!," Denki exclaimed.

"Good job," Shota praised. "Do you think that you can stop channeling the electricity throughout your body?"

"I don't know," Denki admitted.

"Just try and see what happens," Shota instructed.

"Okay," Denki complied, having faith in Shota due to him never steering him wrong.

Denki focused on stopping the flow of the electricity and sure enough, the electricity disappeared.

"You did well, kid," Shota praised again.

"I did it thanks to you, Sho," Denki complimented before a thoughtful look appeared on his face. "By the way, Sho, do you have a superpower?"

"I do," Shota confirmed.