Yes
Is there a dress code?

Casual...
I'd like to take you to the movies,
but they don't let your bring your
own snacks

George laughed softly, grinning at his phone. He replied seconds later.

That's too bad. I like movies :(

Maybe some other time
I have something else in mind
Takes up the whole day though ;)

George smiled and tucked his phone back in his pocket. Finally, he thought, something to look forward to.

~

That Saturday morning George eagerly drove to the instructed location.

Dream hadn't killed at all the entire week. George assumed it was because of his injury. He hadn't told anyone in the station about it.

Because what would he say? That he helped a serial killer? That he could've escaped his apartment while Dream was sleeping to call for help, but didn't?

Every option would make him look bad, so he told no one.

The week went by slowly, though, with no more bodies there was no more evidence. George reviewed the same things over and over.

Every time he passed under the new security cameras he would always glance twice. Dream most likely hacked back into their system. Who knows, he probably watched them for entertainment.

George sighed, a smile creeping on his face as he parked in front of a cafe. Clay had switched their evening date to the morning, claiming that it would take all day.

George didn't mind, he had nothing else to do anyways.

He stepped into the cafe, greeted by the soft bell on the door and the sweet smell of cinnamon. Clay waved from a booth and George grinned. Clay's wave seemed to cause pain because Clay flinched slightly.

George shrugged it off and sat down across from Clay. Clay gave him a grin and said, "You didn't eat breakfast, did you?"

"Are you offering?" George joked. When Clay gave him a smirk George laughed softly and said, "I haven't, what do they make here?"

Clay looked to the menu and back to George. "Almost every breakfast food you can think of. I suggest the waffles, they're superior to all the other food here."

George nodded thoughtfully and skimmed over the food items. A waitress came over and asked for their order.

Clay just said, "I'll have whatever he's having."

George looked up and cleared his throat. "Umm, I'll try your waffles."

"Mhm, okay," the waitress hummed. She looked between them and asked, "Are you two sharing, or would you like two orders?"

"We'll have t—"

"Sharing," Clay said, cutting off George and flashing him a playful smile.

"Any drinks?" the waitress asked.

"I'll have coffee," George said. Clay nodded, indicating that he would have the same.