lost my way to the slumber party // 54

Start from the beginning

'A quest?'

He looked back to me again, a playful smirk brightening his features as a looming figure joined his side and stared down at me. He had an air of intensity to him despite his lack of expression. "My friend, Ushiwaka and I can help you find what you're looking for! I'm Tendou Satori by the way."

xxx

"No way, you were supposed to come to Shiratorizawa?!" Tendou belted as we strolled down yet another hallway, his stoic friend silent behind us.

"Yeah! But I was feeling pretty stubborn against my dad, so I failed the entrance exam on purpose."

He laughed loudly, wiping a tear from his eye. "That's crazy! Are you some kind of rebel?"

"No! I mean... not exactly! I just didn't wanna go to Shiratorizawa."

"Why not?! We could've been friends much sooner if you did!" We laughed together comfortably, casually searching for Yachi's apartment, no longer in a hurry to reach the destination.

He perked up suddenly as we rounded the corner, looking far into the distance.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I have a feeling we're about to find your friend's apartment."

"Hah?! How can you tell?!"

"Just a feeling. Wanna bet on it?"

His devilish grin made the idea even more exciting, there was no way his intuition was that strong! I shoved my hand at him and he took it right away. We shook on it as I smirked, "Deal!"

'I got this in the bag!' I thought.
.

.

.
I lost the bet.

Satori's contagious laugh filled the hallway as I groaned with defeat.

"Told ya so!"

"Yeah, yeah, stranger! What do I owe you??" I huffed. He pondered for a moment, hand on his chin in deep thought.

Then another devilish grin.

"Gimme your favorite snack out of there!" He pointed to my bags. My heart broke.

"My favorite one?!"

He towered over me, with his hand stretched out towards my face and giggling at my pouting. "C'mon, cough it up little Toshiko!"

"Ugh... fine. Consider this payment as well for helping me find the place."

"Chocolate ice cream mochi! Excellent taste-"

A harsh, deep voice cut Satori off. "Tendou." said Ushiwaka. "We should go now."

"Coming, Wakatoshi~! See you soon, Toshiko!"

I perked up, gawking at him incredulously. "Eh?! How do you know?!"

"Hmm... just a feeling!" He smiled over his shoulder, walking in tandem with his team's captain. The door bursting open scared me backwards, not ready for Yachi to pop out like that!!

"There you are, Toshiko! We were worried something had happened! Come in, come in!" Hitoka and Kiyoko stood at the doorway smiling.

"Yachi! Thanks for the invite!" I said excitedly as I stepped in, wiggling out of my shoes.

Shimizu spoke up. "Who were you talking to out there?"

"E-Eh?!"

"Yeah..." Yachi joined in. "We heard you talking with somebody. What was that all about?!"