"I kept Sabrina alive; leave my parking alone," she snorts.

Sabrina is totally enraptured by the screen, and Carlos gently pushes her along while Conrad does her best to lock the remainder of the door.

"A guard is coming to stand by the door, don't worry, I wouldn't leave your apartment this open," he mutters, a blush crawling into his cheeks.

"You even have a key. You just didn't need to bust the door open," she complains.

Carlos grabs her hand, kissing her knuckles as they stroll along.

"Thank you," he murmurs.

She lets her shoulder bump off his bicep, a smile on his lips.

"I mean it. You saved Sabrina and our little nugget. And yourself. I don't know what I'd do without you guys," Carlos whispers.

Sabrina has no interest in anything they're saying, so Conrad looks back up at him.

Looking into his eyes sometimes takes her breath away, and she inhales quickly, her heart fluttering a little.

"I love you," she murmurs.

"Ew," Sabrina remarks, scrunching her nose up.

She stopped to let the two adults catch up, and by the time they do, she's bored.

"Where are those manners your teachers claim you have? I don't see them," Carlos replies, quirking an eyebrow.

Sabrina rolls her eyes as she turns back around, scuttling down the hallway.

Carlos winces after he brushes against the wall accidentally, his breath catching in his throat.

"What's wrong?" Conrad asks straight away, stopping in her tracks.

She glances between Carlos and Sabrina, watching Carlos wave his hand in an attempt to dismiss the situation.

"Sab, go ahead and press the button for the elevator," Conrad encourages, and the little girl slowly turns back around and continues down the hallway.

What's wrong?, Conrad asks again, standing in between him and where Sabrina has gone. If he falls, she doesn't want Sabrina to see it.

"Just pain," he utters out loud, pursing his lips.

"Do I need to ring the doctor?" She asks nervously, and he shakes his head.

"It'll pass. The doctors didn't really want me to even leave my bed, never mind be up and walking," he whispers.

Conrad can see the beads of sweat on his forehead, and she nods slowly, offering her arm.

He slowly leaves the wall where he's slumped and eases some of his weight onto Conrad's shoulder.

"I'll drive," she says firmly, and Carlos nods silently, focusing on making it to the elevator; which they do, faster than Conrad expected.

Sabrina is impatient, as always, slamming the button every few seconds.

The doors finally open, and they step in, Conrad making sure she has her keys.

Conrad's phone rings, and Carlos nods to her to answer it, Sabrina holding his hand.

"Con, you guys need to get down here. Carlos isn't answering his phone, but you need to get here, right now. There are people looking for you, and they're not looking for you to give you a hello," Amber rushes out, stumbling across her words in her haste.

"Amber, what's happening?" Conrad asks in a tone of exasperation, clenching her jaw.

All she wants is a day off.

"We got a tip today, from one of McCann's little minions. She's sent another assassin after Carlos, and you guys need to get to the quarters as soon as you can. No diversions, get here, right now," Amber urges.

"What do you mean, another assassin? Are they identified?" Conrad asks, her brows furrowed.

Carlos looks at her with concern plastered across his face, unconsciously tightening his grip on Sabrina's hand.

"No. We're working on that now; they didn't know who she sent. He only found out when he was reviewing the bank records for their quarter card," Amber explains, before a string of curses leaves her mouth, "I've gotta go, I think we found something. Get here as quickly as you can."

The phone call ends abruptly, and Conrad rubs her chin absently as she looks over to Carlos.

"Okay, Rina, we're going to have the make a stop at the office. I can get someone to bring you waffles, but we need to check on something before we go," Conrad informs the little girl.

Someone is looking for us. You, in particular, Conrad warns Carlos.

"Fine. Can you ask them to bring maple syrup?" Sabrina asks grumpily, folding her arms.

Carlos is too distracted to scold her, which he usually would. He doesn't like her coming across as rude unless it's justified, and snapping at Conrad isn't what he considers warranted most of the time.

"Of course, they'll do that," Conrad replies quickly, stabbing the button for the doors to open.

She gets out first, helping Carlos out after her.

Sabrina stays close to them, her eyes glued to the phone again as they move.

Conrad can't stop shaking as they make their way towards the car.

Sabrina is in a completely different world, while Carlos focuses on staying upright without throwing up from the level of pain he's suddenly in.

Conrad throws the doors open, waiting for the two to climb in before she hops in herself, throwing the car into reverse and swinging out of the dead-end she had abandoned the vehicle in.

Jane turns off anything unneeded in Conrad's head, letting her focus on the road. She was panicking so much that it woke Jane up, something her wolf wasn't thrilled about.

As soon as they get to the governmental building, Conrad grabs Sabrina, pulling her into the front before they leave the car.

She didn't have a clear view of the back of the car, so she was more concerned about the stuff she couldn't see than what she could - which was nothing.

"Okay, let's go," Carlos breathes, his lips pursed and his brows furrowed.

Conrad glances at him, leading the way to the main door with Sabrina under her arm.