You spoke too soon. He can't stand up himself, Jane sighs.

He literally had his ribs cracked apart yesterday; I wouldn't be able to sit up if I were him, Conrad complains to his wolf.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Sabrina declares, skipping away to the ensuite.

"Are you okay?" Conrad asks Carlos, standing up from the bed and walking over to him.

"I'm doing better than I expected. In a lot of pain, but they used some trial drugs on the wound, and it's fully healed now. The doctors expect me to be back to normal in a few days; I just have to take it easy," he explains, drawing her into a one-armed hug.

He leans down and kisses her forehead, examining her face.

"You have pillow marks on your face," he observes, laughing softly.

"Oh, stop it. I was up until 6 trying to make sure nobody got in," she grumbles, leaning her head against his shoulder.

"How do you feel today?" He asks.

"I feel great. Tired, but pretty good," she shrugs, detaching herself from him and walking towards the fridge.

There's nothing in the fridge - she hasn't been back to her apartment for a couple of weeks, so she closes the door quickly.

"We could go get some waffles if you'd like," he suggests, and she grins, nodding.

Whenever she's this tired, a big breakfast always helps her fix the day.

"Sab, we're going to go for waffles," Conrad yells, digging through her drawers.

She pulls out the spare clothes Carlos had left there for himself and Sabrina, tossing them onto the chair in the living room, and then picks out a long skirt and black t-shirt, waiting for Sabrina to leave the bathroom.

Sabrina skips out, and Conrad points to the chair, ruffling Sabrina's hair as she walks by.

"Clothes are there. Hairbrush is on the bedside table," she announces as she passes her, closing the door.

She brushes her teeth first, trying to mentally plan her day.

She has work to do this evening, and she doesn't care where she does it; be it in a car or a cave, she's getting it done and sending it to Derek.

When Conrad's done with her teeth, she does her skincare routine, whacking some hair oil into her hair to let it soak in while she gets dressed.

As she's pulling the skirt up, she notices a little bit of a bump.

That's probably the Chinese takeout you had last night. You can't blame this one on the baby, Jane snorts.

Conrad rolls her eyes, pulling the zip up and walking out of the bathroom.

Brushing through her hair, she chews on her lip while trying to decide what shoes to wear.

She decides to go with a pair of trainers, manoeuvring around Sabrina.

The little girl is sitting on the floor with Carlos' phone, watching a video while Carlos sits in the chair by the bedroom door, his eyes closed and his head resting against the wall.

It's quiet apart from Sabrina's video and the excited chattering from the phone.

Once Conrad is dressed, she closes all of the blinds in her bedroom, turning all of the lights off.

She still has to pay for all of the electricity bills, and she has no intention of driving up the cost.

"I saw my car, by the way. If you call that parking, I think we need to take you to get new glasses," Carlos grins, and Conrad chuckles softly.