49

10.49

After a few hours they reached the second planet for their laboratory raid. The more laboratories they were able to raid without alerting the enemy the more obvious the betrayal of Darius comrades would become, Ten only hoped that it wouldn't take a big toll on Darius since he still tried to deny the possible of a traitor after they were able to storm the first laboratory without trouble.

This time Darius went in alone, it didn't take long for him to come out again, with a few handcuffed people following him. It was less than last time but it seemed like this laboratory was smaller than the first one. The experiments in this one were few and you could see that they weren't especial successful. In the end the people they caught this time were only used to examine the bodies of the previous experiments, it was kind of scary to think abut that they had killed enough to need an extra laboratory to find out the cause of dead.

Ten was relieved when he found out from Darius that it wasn't the only use for this place.

"It seems like they used it also as a hospital, for some reason those people couldn't be examined in a regular hospital and came here to get treatment."

An Idea flashed through Ten's mind, wouldn't the doctor in the hospital notice that something was wrong with those people and call the police or even the military? It was logically that they needed their own hospital. Maybe there would be something interesting in their data.

Darius had already copied all the data of the laboratory, but since he still couldn't reach Harry, he could only hold onto it. Since Harry couldn't be reached for such along time, Darius was slightly worried that something happened in the capital star. He wanted to hurry and fly back to see if everything was alright.

Since they were in a hurry, they went to the next laboratory, it was the third and last on the list, after this they would fly back home.

And because of this reason, the two decided to enter the last laboratory together.

After they entered the elevator, and Darius had used the little something Harry had given him, to hack into the surveillance system, entering the corridor, the only thought Ten had as, why all those laboratories were underground.

Of course, it had some benefits to be underground, like, it was more difficult for the experiments to run away or it was safer since it was harder to notice something like a laboratory, but it was serious annoying that they couldn't really sneak in, since the elevator 'dinged' every time he opened.

The 'ding' of the elevator had been so loud that someone in the laboratory was bound to here it, and as Ten had expected, someone rushed out of one of the doors to go to the elevator and see what happened. Ten used this chance to knock him out before he could scream for help.

Darius put the handcuffs on the woman and let her lay unconscious near the elevator, he would pick her up after they were finished here. Good thing the handcuffs also had this function, they would electrocute her if she tried to run away.

The room behind the first door was empty, in the second room were two people, they were knocked out before they could do anything...

Ten wanted to open the fifth door down the corridor as the alarm began to blare. Darius tried to stop it with the thing Harry had given him, but it didn't work. It seemed like they had underestimated the danger-level of this lab.

The doors in the corridor suddenly shut and a metal door come down to shut everyone out who wasn't inside. Ten suddenly had a bad hunch. Shutting the doors down would be the only thing they had to protect the laboratory. With a glance at Darius, he could see that he thought the same.

"Let's get out of here."

Darius said and began to run in the direction of the elevator. Ten stopped after a few steps, he had heard a low growl behind them.

Turning around slowly, Ten suddenly know what they were researching in this laboratory.

In front of him was a chimera, a beast put together by combining different animal bodies. The biggest problem there was with the chimera was, that every animal in the interstellar era was already a mutated form from what Ten had known on earth.

You could think of it as a watchdog, since it really had the head of a dog, but his body was split, in front it was a lion with purple fur and in the back it was a goat, it's tail was a snake complete with it's head and all, so it could think for itself and always find it's target.

Ten starred at the more than two meters tall chimera, a sceptical glance at the ceiling showed that it had opened up to accommodate the chimera, if it stood on his hind legs it would be even bigger.

Yes, Ten had already found out why it had these animal parts. The dog was of course for his sense of smell and his sharp teeth. The lion had strong paws, he could kill anyone with just one hit. The goat legs allowed the chimera to stand on his hind legs and have more force while attacking with his paws and the snakes' mouth dripped with venom. It would be extremely difficult to fight this thing.

Originally, Ten didn't thing much about it since it was only one, but then he could faintly here different animal cries behind the chimera. Ten's face changed, they wouldn't be able to fight them all off, they had to escape.

The dog head of the chimera barked at Ten as he slowly inched backwards, he couldn't leave his back to the monster. To Ten's surprise, he could see tentacles in the mouth of the dog. Ten shivered, he really didn't want to be caught by that thing.

A/N: The author really wanted to have some tentacle play, but Ten refused firmly.

Noticing the silence behind himself, Ten turned his head back and noticed that Darius was gone. Ten turned back around to the chimera, just in time to avoid the incoming paw.

Darius must have gone to the elevator, Ten wanted to follow him as soon he could, but first he had to do something about the chimera.

Ten run up to the chimera, jumped on his lion back, kicked the snake tail out of his way and used full force to smack the dog head. To Ten's surprise, thought it made the chimera dizzy, it didn't leave any injuries, just how strong was this monster?

Ten used the time the dog as dizzy, to run the corridor down to the elevator, he had to escape the snake tail a few times because that one wasn't dizzy and was still out to get him, but he finally reached the open area where the elevator was.

What he saw left all the blood in his body frozen.

"DARIUS!"

Ten screamed as he saw Darius lying in a puddle of his own blood.

A/N: I said :'Let's do tentacle play!', you were the one who didn't want it!

Today too, the author is running from his responsibilities...