The Attack

"It doesn't matter," Daneliya butted in, "What matters is getting this Flame back before it is too late."

Griffith smiled softly and nodded his head in thanks.

Drages pulled the map back up and explained the plan. There would be three groups. The largest group being the distraction. One of the smaller teams would slip through the back, ground floor door and the other group would go in through a door on the roof. Both were lightly guarded. Drages didn't think that they would have much trouble getting inside, it was what awaited them beyond the walls that he couldn't plan for.

After the groups had been set, and the humans briefed on the plan, they set off towards Mayphen city. Each Creature, whether Mayphen or human, feeling the tension. The fear. The anxiety.

Daneliya, Drages and Griffith were in the group heading to the control room and would be entering through the roof entrance while Mitch and Peggy were in the group heading to the room with the Flame. At some point they would meet at the door to the Flame, just neither group knew when...or if. Renea and Paul were in the main group with Lionnel and Rody.

~

Daneliya climbed onto the scaley back of Drages and looked over at Griffith who was still in his Mayphen form. They soared low through the streets along with some of the other winged Mayphen's. The smell of the city filling their senses, Daneliya feeling the thrill of flight.

~

Mitch crouched low in the shadows next to Peggy who was covered in a black cloak. She had said that her bright white complexion would be easily spotted, and they couldn't have that. Each sound made them jump afraid they would be found out before the due time. The door was in sight, but two Ricket guards stood right outside of it.

~

Renea pulled her hair back and straightened her blue dress. She was ready to outrun some Rickets.

Lionnel crouched low and whispered "Stay low until you hear my roar. Once you do, we spring into action. Every group will then be informed to move in or in your case, out once the roar rings through the city." He turned into a lion and crept away, his tail swishing as he went.

Paul sighed, "I will never get used to that,"

"I think it's cool," Renea whispered with a smile, long ago losing her phones battery and living without it. "I wish I could do that."

Paul smirked next to her, "And if you got stuck as a rodent?"

Renea's face turned up in disgust, "Then I would just die!"

"H-Hey!" Rody stammered twitching as he turned back into a boy. "T-Take th-that back!"

~

Gavin withered in pain on the floor as the gray tone spread further through his arm. It felt like Fire was licking at and inside his skin, but when he looked, all he saw was the strange skin taking the place of the old.

Tears streamed down his face, the pain eating him up. "I am so sorry!" He forced out to the empty room around him.

~

A loud roar rang through the air reaching Daneliya's ears, "Now!" She called as the group soared towards the roof of the targeted building. Each creature held its breath as they landed on the roof, the foamy floor beneath their feet.

They crouched low and waited, holding their breath.

~

Peggy waved them forward as the two Rickets who had been guarding the door rushed towards the noise. Mitch smirked as he gripped the doorknob, pulling it open, he looked inside. It was empty.