"Huifang..." Qi Xia didn't continue his words. Deception? He met his eyes as he furrowed his brows. "So you wanted her to let her guard down? Why? She is not the enemy."

Zhuo Huifang clicked her tongue before he gave a low chuckle. "She is smart and cunning. She is resourceful and experienced. We all know that she is more influential than us. In front of dominant power, we need to act weak. Let her think that we are not capable of betraying her."

"Then... we can be her ally. Use her resources and plans. We can use her influence and once she tries to do something against us... we retaliate at the most unexpected moment." Zhou Huifang pursed his lips as he tilted his face towards his friend. "Do you get it?"

Qi Xia frowned. For some reason, this Zhou Huifang seemed to change a lot since Zhou Kang's disappearance. His eyes had become sharper, his brains more alert, and his smile... is more sinister. Slowly, he nodded at Zhou Huifang's words.

"You see... a war needed resources. If we can win a war by using other people, then... why not? We can watch as Chen Shi scheme against them. Then... wait for Lily and Zhou Jingren to become exhausted. And... we strike them."

For the second time, Qi Xia nodded. "Are you sure that we are capable of turning the shareholder against Zhou Jingren's father?"

"Of course! They saw what my father did to the company! They knew what he is capable of. Just because the company belongs to him by birth, doesn't mean that he should manage it. Zhou Wu Yang had been gone for too long. He doesn't have any idea how to run a company."

"Alright then... we should go" Qi Xia said as he rose and from his seat. The duo then left the restaurant with their confident smiles.

Meanwhile, Lily was smiling from ear to ear. She was lying on her husband's legs as she looked at the calendar on her phone. "Two more weeks." She uttered.

"What do you mean?" Zhou Jingren asked. He was reading a document when Lily asked if she could use his leg as her pillow. Despite knowing that they have more than four pillows in the bed, Zhou Jingren complied without saying anything.

"Two weeks!" Lily repeated as she rolled her eyes and beamed. "Two more weeks!"

....

Chapter 577: What if...

Sky City

The lingering aroma of black coffee inside the kitchen made Lily frowned. She stared at the mug in Zhou Jingren's hands. "That coffee smells... weird." She uttered and went back to reading the book in her hand. Since the fire at the mansion, Lily and Zhou Jingren decided to stay for a few weeks in Sky City before going back to The Peak. This is because Zhou Jingren did a lot of changes in the house for security.

"Then... I won't have this brand of coffee anymore." He said as he put the mug to the sink. "It's a new brand that I decided to try because of Chef Yang's suggestions."

"Hmmm... we should drink more tea instead of coffee." She said. Lily understands that pregnant women have a better sense of smell than normal people. However, she had actually not experienced smelling something that made her uncomfortable, until now. "And keep that coffee away from me." She added as she started eating her salad. She then shifted her gaze towards Yang Mi. "It's Sunday... you are supposed to have a day off. Why are you here?"

"I receive some phone calls from Mr. Qin Chuan. He had been asking if you are going to be busy in the next few weeks. He wanted to schedule a visit and have dinner with you and Qin Yuanfeng."

"He should have called me."

"He said... he does not want to disturb your rest. Moreover, he only wanted to know if you are going to be free. So he called me instead." Yang Mi explained.