"Jake, hey." Bella said, she and Lyra exchanging surprised looks.

"You look nice." He told Bella before looking at Lyra, "And, you look like absolute shit."

"Thanks, cous." Lyra replied with a grin, "You don't look so hot yourself."

Bella looked between the cousins before asking, "Are you crashing prom or something? Did you come with a date?"

"No." Jake said, walking over to them, "My dad paid me to come and talk to you both... twenty bucks." He offered a sheepish smile.

Lyra rolled her eyes before crossing her arms, already guessing what he was going to say, "Well, let's hear it."

"Just don't get mad, okay?" Jacob told them, glancing between the girls before continuing, "He wants both of you to break up with your boyfriends." Lyra rolled her eyes again. It was just as she had expected. Jake shrugged, "He said... quote, 'We'll be watching you.'" Lyra rolled her eyes a third time, causing Jake to say, "You know, if you're not careful, your eyes will get stuck that way."

A smirk played Lyra's lips as she replied, "You know, if you're not careful, my foot might get stuck up your-"

"Lyra!" Bella cut her off before turning to Jacob and saying, "Okay, well, tell him thanks."

"And, to pay up." Lyra added with a smirk, "And, to mind his own goddamn business."

Jacob laughed, a bit released that they hadn't gotten mad at him. "Okay." He said.

Bella saw Edward and Emmett heading toward them and moved to stand up, causing Jacob to jump to his feet. "Here, let me help you." He offered kindly, reaching for her.

"Jacob." Edward's voice was curt as he curled his arm around Bella's waist, "I'll take it from here."

"Guess I'll see you around, Bella." Jacob told the brunette after an intense stare down with Edward. He then turns to look at his cousin, "And, I know I'll be stuck seeing you around, Lyra."

"I look forward to seeing you too, Jakey!" Jacob rolls his eyes as he turns to walk away, "You know, if you're not careful, your eyes will get stuck like that!" Jacob turns around and flips her off with an annoyed look, a gesture that she quickly returns except with a grin. Emmett chuckles lightly at the interaction as he wraps his arm around her shoulders.

"We leave you two alone for two minutes, and the wolves descend." Edward muttered as the four of them walk away, causing Lyra and Emmett to snort in amusement before making their way into the school to enjoy the prom.

***

After leaving the prom, Lyra found herself at the Cullen house, wearing a pair of Rosalie's pajama shorts and Emmett's hoodie as she listened to her boyfriend and his brother argue over what movie to watch. "Don't start the movie without me, what are we watching?" Alice asks as she enters the room.

"Hey, Alice!" Emmett greets before explaining, "Well, I wanna watch Fast and Furious, but Edward wants to watch Titanic."

"Emmett, it's a wonderful love story, and yours just has senseless violence." Edward expressed.

Emmett feigned a gag, "Okay, virgin, um-"

"I take it back, I wanna watch Brother Bear."

Lyra and Emmett both slap a hand over their mouths but for completely different reasons, the latter out of surprise and the former to stifle her laughter. "Lyra, you're supposed to be on my side." Emmett whined.

"I'm sorry, but that was funny." Lyra told her boyfriend through her laughter.

"What if I wanna watch Clueless?" Alice asked, bringing their attention back to the topic at hand.

"I don't wanna watch Clueless, Alice. I wanna watch Fast and Furious." Emmett whined.

"Yeah, Alice, we watch Clueless every single week." Edward agrees.

"And, I wanna watch it again!" Alice exclaims.

"Go watch it in your room, we wanna use the big TV to watch Fast and Furious." Emmett tells her.

"No, we're watching Titanic!" Edward interjects.

"Shut up!"

"Carlisle!" Alice calls.

"You snitch-!" Edward yells.

"Oh my God, why do I have to be the adult?" Lyra grumbles before calling, "Alice, get your adorable ass back here."

In seconds, Alice flashes over and sits in Lyra's lap, wrapping her arms around Lyra's neck, "You think my ass is adorable?"

"Alice, stop flirting with my girlfriend!" Emmett whined.

"Yes." Lyra tells her before lifting her up and setting her in the seat next to her, "Now, shut up." She turns to the other occupants in the room, "We're watching Pride & Prejudice end of story." Complaints begin to flow from the three vampires around her until she says, "Enough! Look, Pride & Prejudice has the romance for Edward and the drama for Alice. On top of that I absolutely love the movie so I think it's a good compromise."

"What about Emmett?" Alice asked.

"Yeah, what about me?"

'Watch this.' Lyra mouthed to Alice before looking up at her boyfriend with a pout and sniffled slightly, making tears fill her eyes, "Please, Em, I really want to watch Pride & Prejudice."

Emmett panicked and replied, "Of course we can watch it. Anything for you, kitten."

As soon as she got confirmation, Lyra's face snapped back to a sweet smile as she replied, "Awesome, thanks."

"I hate when you do that." Emmett told her when he realized what she did, "I wish I knew when you were lying."

Lyra scoffed and placed a hand over her heart dramatically, "I do not lie, Emmett Cullen!"

"And, I do not breathe, Lyra McNamara."

The couple laughed as Alice put Pride & Prejudice on the TV. "I still want to watch Titanic." Edward grumbled.

Lyra sighed, "I'm sorry, Eddie, but Titanic is a three and a half hour long movie and no one here but you has the attention span for it. So please let it go and enjoy the amazingness that is Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen in Pride & Prejudice."

A/N Hey, guys. I just want to inform you that I will be going on a slight hiatus before starting New Moon. I have Band Camp next week so I will be unable to update during it and I don't want to start New Moon and then disappear for a week so please be patient with me. Also, school is starting up soon so my already infrequent updates will become more so and apologize ahead time.

-Kai