Chapter 81: Assemble! Allied Shinobi Forces!

Start from the beginning

Kakashi nodded. Naruto asked, "Do you still hate me because your sensei sacrificed himself to save me?" He looked up startled. "No, I never hated you for being a Jinchuuriki." "I know that, but do you hate me for causing the death of the Yondaime?" Kakashi hesitated before replying, "I don't. I might have when I first heard of his death, but after that moment, never."

Naruto nodded. "Now, Nohara Rin. You blame yourself for her death. But it seems she had jumped in the way of your Chidori aimed for an enemy. It was a suicide. It was her choice."
"How do you know?"
"Sanbi told me." She told it as if it were the most normal and obvious thing in the world.
But it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't let her get kidnapped. Then the Sanbi wouldn't have been sealed in her and she wouldn't have taken the drastic step. I failed to keep my promise to Obito."

"We shinobi vow to others and to ourselves not to let our loved ones suffer and die. Yet, the other day when Pein attacked, we lost many shinobi and civilians. It was our good fortune that the dead were revived then. But we can't expect that to happen every time. We train to become stronger and protect others. But we can't protect everyone, else Iruka Sensei's parents and my parents would be alive today. We can try our best though, and that's what you did. It's just the circumstances haven't been so favourable to you then. But what are shinobi for? We endure. We have to move on. Else our purpose fails. 

We have failed to fulfil many promises we have made to ourselves. But the last wish of a dying friend surely holds value above all others. But you tried your best. You need to let Obito know that if he accuses you." 

Kakashi gave a slight nod, thinking.

"Now Uchiha Obito. He had been the cause of a significant change in your life, both physically and mentally. Do you blame yourself for his death?"
"Yes, if I hadn't been a stuck-up moron back then, Obito would've been alive."

"We don't know if that's true, because that's not the reality. No one could blame you for your attitude then. Not even Obito. Your father's humiliation and suicide traumatized you. Anyone in your place would've been the same. Your friends and team could've changed you but time was short before the mission to Kannabi Bridge. Don''t say that you could've been different, because if you were, then you would not be human."

Kakashi hummed.

"Now, Shiroi Kiba (White Fang, a.k.a. Hatake Sakumo). What do you feel about his death? Do you feel guilty?"
"No, not exactly. But I do feel uneasy and responsible somehow."

"It's because of the continuously changing opinions you had of your father. His suicide was his wish. Konoha losing a valuable asset was its choice, its loss. But they ended up scarring an orphan and maybe the death of another orphan. The Shinobi world is broken in many places. But we shall fix it together. The formation of the Alliance is the first step towards that."

Kakashi murmured, "I met my father and got to talk with him." Naruto made a questioning hum."Back when I died in the hands of Pein."

Naruto hummed as she pushed back the tree she was leaning on and walked forward. She stopped a few feet away from Kakashi, her back towards him. "Obito might not be happy with you. You should know that despite his late-blooming skills, he was still an Uchiha. And the biggest power of an Uchiha is love. It rivals the love of a Senju. Loss of love causes hate. Hence, Uchiha's weapon is said to be hate. The Uchiha treasure their love. Rin might have had a fickle crush on you, but Obito had loved her with all his heart. 

If he were alive, he would be affected badly by her death. But you were his best friend. You could understand him then. If he shows anger now, try understand him now. Remember, Uchiha go to great lengths for their loved ones. Madara had lost his brother and tried to do whatever he could to cope up with it. From making Konoha to betraying it to starting the war. Stay strong, Sensei. Don't waver." She vanished with these words.