Chapter 6: The Fair Game 2

Start from the beginning

The next few trainees in line also received somewhat same comments. That left them all demoralized as they assumed that once Jinyoung hyung mentioned something bad about their performance, it would mean that that's the end. However, some of them still held on to their hopes as their eyes glistened at me.

"Wendy-ssi", Jin was nudging me.

I looked up to realize now that the next contestant is Jessica feat. GOT7.

The eight of them stepped onto the stage confidently and bowed at us.

"Annyeonghaseyo, jeoneun Jessica ibnida and these are the GOT7 sunbaenims. Today, we will be performing 'Like A Cat' by AOA. Hope that you all will like it", Jessica spoke carefully into the mic and quickly got to her position after that.

My eyes widened as soon as she announced the song they will be performing.

Oh no, isn't it the same song as In Hyungie? I gasped.

Jin held the same expression as me at that instant, and we both turned quickly to face In Hyung. As expected, In Hyung's face was as white as a sheet and I could also notice her trembling body. On the other hand, Yerin and Jimin were both biting into their nails as they thought of what to do next.

Oh my poor girls...

They must come up with another plan fast because as much as you want to perform, you wouldn't want to repeat the same song as others because the chances of you being compared with the other party is just way too high.

Hey no matter where you go (no matter where you look)

Mark started off with the rap which caught back Jin's and my attention.

The pretty girls are AOA

Ooooo~ All of our goosebumps stood up when GOT7 did the sexy squat dance move together with Jessica.

You know (I know) You know (I know)
I'm good I'm hot I'm fresh I'm fly
Brave sound

Jessica now stood out at the front before the rest.

You say you've never seen a girl like me before
That you had a feeling as soon as you saw me
Said that I especially shined even among the many people
Your head turns to look at me, your eyes are filled with me
Seeing you hesitate to talk to me is so cute
The sunlight shines on me like a spotlight light light light
Only I am in your head as a headline line line line
Even when you dream, you'll see me
Are you worrying? Stop it
Come to me, baby come on
I'll walk over to you like a cat, picking a rose
I'll give it to you, I'll surprise you
I'll walk over to you like a cat, when you're asleep
I will softly hug you, I'll surprise you
Lalalalalala Lalalalalala Lalalalalala
I'm good I'm hot I'm fresh I'm fly
Lalalalalala Lalalalalala Lalalalalala
I'm good I'm hot I'm fresh I'm fly
...

Very soon, the music came to a stop. Their performance earned loud cheers from their competitors, which meant that they were really good. They stood in a row to give the audience an ending bow. As they left then stage, I saw Jessica flicking her hair back from her face before she threw a smirk at me.

I had no idea why she did that but yeah, I have to admit. Their performance was really awesome, which made me worry about how In Hyung is going to do now with the same song?!

Come on In Hyung-ah, you can do it! My heart pounded hard for her as she slowly climbed onto the stage with 15&.

"Mic test 1, 2, 3", In Hyung said awkwardly into the mic which made everyone laugh.