chapter two: consequences

// PANIC ATTACKS AND MENTIONS OF VOMIT
.
.
He scoffed, "well that's for sure, but you still have business to take care of," he paused and you felt the shift in the atmosphere, you couldn't help the shiver that ran up your spin when he held eye contact again.

"...That is unless you don't want anything to happen to the boy," your blood ran cold, you had completely forgotten about him, you were so caught up in your own turmoils you had disgustingly left him to fend for himself. Your heart was already beating so fast and at this rate you feared it would enter cardiac arrest.

He let out a dark chuckle, "that's what I thought." He gestured his hand to follow and you were promptly put down, quite roughly but you weren't in the right mind to pick a fight now. You were absolutely petrified.

God, what did you do to have such fucked luck.

You were led back up the same grand staircase you had just ran down like a bat out of hell not even a few minutes ago, your body felt wrong. You felt so wrong. You wanted to scream, to do anything to stop this strangling feeling. You couldn't breath. Your heart was beating at a deafening rate in your ears. Your legs felt like lead with each step getting harder than the last. Your already blurred vision blurring even more as your breathing grew frantic, fingers and toes beginning to tingle.

A hand was placed on your shoulder immediately, somewhat, grounding you. Grounding you before you faulted to far. You tried taking a deep breath, then another as you flexed your fingers. Tapping each one rhythmically against the corresponding thumb, a tic you had developed at a young age. The sensation of the tapping was always nice. You didn't notice the stares until you had finally calmed down enough to be able to look to the owner of said hand.

It was the guy who had stopped you from abandoning your brother, man was two for two. You really owed him your life at this point.

He was a step behind you, you noticed the periodic tic every few seconds that made his shoulders jerk slightly, he was above your usual line of sight. His clothes were different shades of brown, his sleeves being stripped with a lighter and darker shade that eventually led to a solid dark brown hoodie. He also had his face covered, but with yellow tinted glasses and fabric that covered what the glasses couldn't. His hair was a mess of dark curls, and what little skin you could see was pale.

You let out a genuine chuckle, "...thank you." He didn't show any reaction when a sudden tic that seemed to snap him out of his thoughts he quickly removed his hand and nodded silently. You took a steady breath as you wiped tears from your eyes and continued to walk up the stairs, now more levelheaded.

The white masked man had stopped as well, he had lit a cigarette as he watched your little display. Great, another mentally unstable teenager. Not that he didn't already know that after watching, with mild interest, you plumule crimson's face into a pulp. Good riddance because that kid was as loud and obnoxious as it could get with trainees. He doesn't even remember Jeff being that unbearable. He took another drag of the cigarette, exhaling as you walked pass and took a quick glance at Toby, but the man wasn't in the mood today, already walking past with his head down. Masky let out a silent laugh as he followed the two of you.

The rest of the walk through the seemingly endless hallways of doors is uneventful, Masky regains his place as the leader and you are placed back in the middle, not like it really mattered since you don't even know where you were going. The sound of foot steps and the occasional tic was all that was echoing through the massive hallway. You were too preoccupied with trying to remember the layout of this maze like route to notice brown eyes watching your every move. Watching the way your hair sways as your hips shift the fabric of the shiny silk, how soft and mostly unscathed your skin looked, especially your hands.