Shopping

May 15th, 1962

Mom is off of work today. She got a job at the local grocery store where we were the second day we were here. Where I met Jordan.

"We are going shopping."

"Shopping?"

"Yes."

She's making me go shopping with her because I need more "girly" clothes. I think my clothes are perfectly fine but I'm pretty sure she expects me to wear crop tops or dresses. Dresses aren't that bad but I'd rather just wear shorts.

Today I just wore my black and white plaid tank top, jeans, and of course my converse. The tank too is a little short but it's not terrible.

"Don't you like this?" She holds up a zebra print shirt with ruffles on the sleeves

"Maybe if I was seventy, yeah."

"Oh good heavens child, you are so picky!"

"Those aren't bad." I point at a pair of blue wrangler jeans and hanging right beside them is a blue shirt that matches great.

        ^^^^^^

^^^^^^

"That shirt will go great with those pants and it's not that bad."

"Alright."

"Oh, look at that! That's cute." She points at a god awful pink outfit, I might throw up.

" She points at a god awful pink outfit, I might throw up

"It's alright."

"We're totally getting that."

"Fine."

"There's a red and white shirt that you could wear with jeans."

"That's cute, I like it."

After at least thirty minutes we've left the store with three outfits and three pairs of shoes, which were of course converse. I got a pair of red converse, grey pair, and a navy blue pair.

On the way home we stop and get ice cream and then we go to granny's house or as I like to call her, Debra. She's only my grandma because of Bill so I basically never call her granny.