• Chapter 12 •

Todoroki's POV

A few days have passed since y/n and I got back together from our long distance.

My friends and I sat at a table eating together as we were discussing ways for y/n to change her mind.

"Maybe you could ask her out now! It's better now than later!" Midoriya exclaimed.

"I don't think I can do that right now.. I'm kind of nervous to do that," I replied.

"Hmm.. Ooh! I got an idea!" Uraraka said.

"What is it?" Tsuyu asked curiously.

"I heard that y/n's birthday is coming up soon!" she exclaimed. "I think it's coming up in a few days! I'm so excited!"

"Wait- really?! I almost forgot about her birthday!"Midoriya said.

"How old will she be turning?" Tsuyu asked.

"I think she'll be turning sixteen," Iida replied.

"Then we have to make this her best birthday ever since it's her Sweet Sixteen," Tsuyu said.

"And Todoroki will have to give her the best gift she has ever gotten in her entire life!" Uraraka exclaimed.

"Let's not go too far. We don't want to overwhelm Todoroki," Iida said.

"But he's in love with her! We should obviously hook them up somehow!" she said.

"Well, then what should he give y/n for her birthday?" Tsuyu asked.

"Hmm... how about a ring..?" Midoriya suggested.

"You expect him to marry her now?" Uraraka asked.

He laughed. "No, no—it doesn't have to be an engagement ring. Just a simple ring as a gift!" Midoriya said.

"I suppose I could do that.." I replied.

"Then, great! I'm sure that you and y/n will be together in no time!" Uraraka said happily.

"All right, but let's start slow. Today, we'll give her flowers for an early birthday present!" Midoriya said.

"Good idea! Let's go to the flower shop!" Uraraka said as she stood up from her seat and pointed her finger up.

Y/n's POV

"Happy early birthday, y/n!" Mina exclaimed as she barged into my dorm.

"Oh, thanks, Mina!" I said. "How did you remember it's my birthday?"

"Kaminari told me!" she said.

"Never expected Kaminari to remember something like my birthday," I chuckled.

"Me neither!" Mina replied. "Anyways, since it's going to be your Sweet Sixteen, the whole Class 1-A will help make your birthday party spectacular!"

"Aw, thanks, Mina," I replied with a smile on my face.

"Anytime! Anyways, I'll be going to go find presents with Kirishima and the others now! See ya, birthday girl!" she exclaimed.

"See you later!" I replied as she exited the room.

After Mina left, a heard a knock on the door. I expecting it was going to be one of my friends greeting me 'happy birthday,' and I was right.

I opened the door and saw Todoroki-kun. He was holding a bouquet of beautiful f/c (favorite color) flowers in his hands.

"Oh, h-hey, Todoroki-kun! Why are you holding a bouquet of flowers?" I asked as my face started to turn light pink.

"Well, it's an early birthday gift.. for you," he replied.

He gave the flowers to me, I admired how pretty the flowers were.

"Thank you, Todoroki-kun. I love it," I said.

"I'm glad you do, but I'll be giving you a better gift on your actual birthday," he said with a smile.

"What could be better than a bouquet of flowers from one of my best friends?" I asked.

"You'll see when you turn sixteen in a few days," he said.

"Okay then," I chuckled.

I decided to put the flowers into an empty vase in my desk in my room. I sat down at the edge of my bed and had a happy expression on my face.

"Is it all right if I stay here for a while?" he asked.

"Oh, yeah, sure. Make yourself at home," I replied.

"Okay. Thank you, y/n," he said.

He sat down at the edge of my bed next to me. For some reason, he looked a bit upset about something..

"Are you okay, Todoroki-kun? Is anything wrong..?" I asked.

"I.. probably shouldn't tell you why I look upset. You might be mad at me..." he said.

"I'd never be mad at you. Plus, the only person I'm ever mad at is my brother," I replied.

"..promise you won't be mad at me?" he asked.

"I promise," I said.

"Okay, well... a few days ago, I accidentally overheard you and Sero talking from the other room next to my dorm.." he said.

My eyes widened in shock. I was speechless.

"Y/n..?" he asked.

"Y-yeah..?" I stammered.

"Are you okay? You seem speechless.." he pointed out.

"I-I'm fine.." I said. "it's just that I feel really bad you had to hear those things come out from my mouth and—"

"I'm okay, don't worry about it. If you refuse to love me then it's fine," he replied.

"I-I'm sorry for saying those things about you.." I cried. "you probably hate me now that I-"

"Why would I ever hate a girl like you..? You're amazing, you shouldn't put all the guilt on yourself.. if you don't love me it's fine," he said.

I started to tear up and felt guilty and awful. I cried in Todoroki's arms and hugged him.

"I need to find a way to make Todoroki-kun feel better now that I know he heard everything I said.. he doesn't deserve to feel unloved," I thought.

"I could do something nice for him on my birthday. Maybe I can hang out with him and talk to him.."

"Don't feel bad. I'm okay if you don't love me.. okay?" he replied.

"..on my birthday, would you like you spend time together alone and talk..? I want to make you feel happier," I said.

"...sure," he answered.

End of Chapter 12

Word Count: 1027

(Note from Author: Hello! Sorry if this chapter is short. Also, I was planning to make another fanfic connecting with this one.. so please tell me if you enjoy this one and want me to make another Todorokixyn fanfic! Anyways, thanks for reading Chapter 12!)