eighteen. pressure test and triggers

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Know what?" Liam asks, a confused look overtaking his features. He chews on his bottom lip as he waits for an answer.

"It happened within the week after you left," Scott explains. "I didn't tell anyone, but I think you should."

Liam tries again and asks, "Tell us what?"

"You don't have to, Luna," Theo states. He doesn't move from his position to keep his laid back persona, but Luna can see in his eyes that he cares about what she wants.

Luna shrugs. "I might as well."

She turns to look at the rest of the pack and sees they are staring at her intently. Malia and Lydia are waiting patiently and not wanting to force her to say something she didn't want to. Liam, on the other hand, is about to burst with anticipation if someone doesn't tell him what's going on right now.

"When I went to visit my family in Texas, something happened," Luna starts.

Before she can continue, Liam says, "I knew it. You should've let one of us come with you. I told you it was a bad idea—"

"Liam, Liam, that's not it," Luna interrupts him. He stops talking and crosses his arms over his chest. "For family packs, things work differently. You don't need to kill to become the Alpha of the pack. The power transfer happens when it's the Beta's time and when the other Betas decide to follow them."

"Wait, what are you saying?" Malia asks, her hand reaching out towards Luna as if to slow her down.

Lydia smiles and says in a breathy laugh, "She's saying she's an Alpha."

The room is quiet as the three process the information. They're not angry. They're proud. Luna can feel it. It fills the room before it shows on their faces. She couldn't believe that a year ago she didn't have a support system like she's found in this group of people. Some were missing, but she knew they were where they needed to be. She looks to Theo. The person who brought these people to her. He notices the look she's giving him and amusement floods his facial expressions as he tries to understand why she's looking at him like that.

"So, are your eyes, like, red now?" Liam asks.

Luna turns back to the Beta and says, "No, actually," she blinks to reveal the purple, "they're purple. I think it's to symbol the mix of the Beast and an Alpha. And guys, the power behind these bad boys is insane"

"They look insane," Corey states. Everyone jumps at the sound of his voice. "Alpha, huh?" Luna blinks. Corey's standing behind everyone who are now turned to look at him. He has a sheepish smile tugging at his lips. "Sorry to interrupt, but Mason should be here any minute."

As everyone waits, retreating to their own little bubbles, Luna turns back to Theo.

"Thank you," she tells him. A smug smile adorns his lips.

"You're welcome," he answers. Luna shoves him over making him laugh as she shakes her head and turns her head away from him. "What are you thanking me for?"

Luna nods to the group in front of her. "For bringing them to me. If you hadn't told Scott and Stiles I was supernatural, they never would've came into my life."

Theo nods and leans over so his face is close to hers. Luna watches his lips as he states in a low tone, "I told you you would thank me someday."

Luna's head falls back softly against the brick wall as she laughs. She shakes her head as she turns back to him.

"You," Luna says through a gritted smile, lifting her hand to cup his chin making his smug smile scrunch together, "are so annoying."

She shoves his face away. His laugh is contagious as he moves away from her. Liam's watching the two of them closely. He's doesn't think he'll ever be happy that Luna wants to be with Theo, but he couldn't help admitting that she looks happy with him. She can handle him better than anyone else can. If he ever became power hungry again, she could stop him.