8

Daytime
[Word count : 1277]

When my eyes opened I realised I was lying on the chest of my enemy, his heart beating slowly and comfortably, one of his arms holding my waist to make sure I wasn't going to move away from him, the other lying on his stomach, resting his body for the day ahead of him.

I squeezed him closer and I felt him breathe deeply, "oh, you're awake." He groaned, his deep morning voice sending butterflies to my stomach, I felt like I was the only thing in the world even if he was speaking to me as if I was a peasant. "Hey, your hairs a mess." I teased and he scoffed,
"I kn-"
"I't kinda suits you." I sat up and ran my fingers through his hair, messing it up even more and his face seemed calm at the comforting feeling of my fingers in his hair, he was expecting me to tease him even more which is why he stayed quiet because he doesn't know how to reply to comfort, especially not when he's in a grouchy morning mood.

He isn't a morning person I remember him mentioning towards the beginning of the trip, but now it's coming to an end, we would have to return home and pretend as if we don't feel the same anymore.

I sat up in the tent, unzipping it go leave and make breakfast or start packing away but he stopped me, sitting up, he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close to him just for a few moments; no words needed I knew he was going to miss this side of me.

I was going to miss the messy morning hair every day, the grouchy groan every morning and the daily teasing and insults that turned playful rather than serious over the time of the trip. 4 days alone together (not including today) and we were already hurting to see the end.

He let go slowly and let me leave the tent, I fed the horse and let it have some water and then I started making breakfast. The whole morning was consumed with sad silence, he was oddly clingy too. He may not have been touchy but he didn't want me to work at anything alone, he was right at my side with every move I made, and I didn't mind his company at all.

"(Your/name)-" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence, "what?"
"(Y/n)?" He repeated once again and my heart seemed to beat faster, "yeah what the fuck." He continued to stare my way with confusion as to why I was so surprised, "we've never called each other by our first names." I stated and he understood where he fucked up, he'd never called me (y/n).. I've been so engrossed in my time with him that I forgot that name was even mine. "So what?" He shrugged and packed up the tent, taking it apart with me.

"I know what you sound like saying my name." He referenced the sexual scene we had the night before and raised his eyebrows at me teasingly. "I just wanted to see what id sound like saying yours." He shrugged picking up the last thing that needed to be packed, he held it for a while and then finally attached it to the horse, readying it for when we needed to leave to start heading home.

I sat on the horse and he sat onto the back, holding my waist without shame glancing at our surroundings watching titans in groups of two stay away from us, it weirded us out. We actually learned more about each other than the titans themselves..

"If we travel all day and night with only a few stops we can be home by tomorrow. To make the dreadful trip home a little easier." He suggested clearly, now Unafraid to admit that he will miss me, he wasn't nervous anymore, he would gladly say anything that came to mind, I agreed with a nod and started to ride off. He held the map and instructed me which direction I had to go by helping me steer the horse even though I could do it perfectly fine, he just wanted an excuse to be closer to me and to be working with me.

Then he let go, deciding to use my back as a drawing board, marking off new sightings on the map as we rode slowly away, I didn't want to rush it like he did, I wanted this time, but the suspense of waiting and waiting for the end to come closer was killing me. So I rode slightly faster and he sighed, realising how I felt so he put away the map and his drawing pencil and gripped me tightly.

"You smell nice." He complimented, burying his face into my neck, kissing it gently twice making my stomach ache with butterflies, but not happy little butterflies, ones that were hurting me, ones that would linger even when it was all over.

We both knew this wasn't hate anymore.

It was love.

We just both didn't know how to say it..

"Your hairs still a mess." I tease to get a kick out of him and as normal it did, he got defensive instantly and let go of me slightly, "So what? I don't have to be perfect all the time. I'll sort myself out when we're nearly home." He was laid back, his tone not sounding happy, yet not sad or angry like I was so used to hearing for years.

Then there was silence, a loud silence filled with sighs and lack of communication overall.

"I'll ride during the day.. you ride at night, and we'll be there in no time." I suggested to him and he jumped slightly in confusion, moving closer to me, rocking slightly to the side to see my face a little more as he replied, "Are you sure you don't want to ride at night?" He worried about my fear of sleeping around someone, I chuckled and shook my head, "that fear is gone.." he realised he was the reason that I wasn't afraid anymore and he looked away, his cheeks slightly red. "Yeah.. that sounds like a deal." He agreed, pulling me closer so he could get comfortable to sleep.

He was asleep fairly quickly, an easy sleeper he was, his warmth comforting on my back as I started to ride faster, and he held me closer.

The end..

Come on story just end already I can't handle this waiting. I'm never going to be able to smile around him ever again unless an opportunity like this comes up, and even if that chance comes will he want to join me? Will he even want to look at me again?

Going back into the walls was the end of the both of us and we knew that, we both knew that, did he even care? It was he just pretending to be interested because he was bored on such an unproductive mission?

This has to be the end now.

Come on..

Just finish the chapter.

I'm hurting.

I'm hurting so badly.

Will I ever see him smile again?
I've seen him smile so much since we've been away. He'd never seen a reason to smile.. maybe he found one while he was out here? Will he loose it again when we return?

Just end

End it

End the story.

That's it..

I'm done.
I can't write this anymore.