7

"Is it just me?"
[Word count : 2154]

My breathing was calm as I noticed light hitting me through the small tent window, the tent was humid from my heat and the outside of it was covered in rain, but it sounded like the rain had stopped for now. I sat up, looking to the right of me to find that Levi was missing, my heart skipped a beat for a second and I gulped nervously, we slept together.. shit we slept together.. he could already be gone because I wasn't awake to save him in time from a titan or something. I unzipped the tent and ran out hyperventilating in panic. Fuck how could I have let myself sleep??

I looked to the right of me and the horse was eating the grass and seemed perfectly fine, then I turned to the left and saw him, sitting with crossed legs by a fire he started, his eyes shot wide because I scared him obviously, then he calmed down and looked away from me with a blush on his cheeks which he covered with a drink that definitely was too hot to be drank at that moment. "Not dead yet. Good." I sighed and I noticed he had a small smirk hiding behind his drink. So I walked over to him to notice it a little more, but it dropped as soon as I came close to him.

I put my fingers through his hair that was messy from the night before, he looked up at me with a blank face, pissed off that I was playing with his hair, but his cheeks still had a pink faded look, that intensified when we made eye contact. "T-the map has some water damage, but I re-drew it all this morning while waiting for you to wake up. We should make the next checkpoint here. Then the last two days we can spend walking home, with breaks of course. Unless we travel all day and night." I turned away and let go of his hair finally after he changed the mood. The fact he brought up that we were leaving soon and that the trip will be over saddened both of us, I felt it inside my chest and I'm sure he felt the same too.. or is it just me?

"Finally away from you, Ackerman." I rushed my words, "Exactly how I feel, (L/n)." He replied quickly afterwards without hesitation. We both looked at each other with anger in our faces and his body tensed up at that feeling of wrath too. Then we both looked away, my anger dropped to sadness as I went to pack up everything and get my gear on ready for the rest of the day to make it to the next checkpoint Levi had made up on the map. This was one of the last times we'd be packing up to move away.. my heart felt heavy as I put away the tent, it felt even heavier when he walked over to me with my cape putting it on me, scolding me under his breath making sure I didn't pack it this time in case of rain.

We started riding the horse again. Yes, WE. I joined him willingly this time and decided I was going to control it this time too, I held the reigns and he sat behind me, our body's following the motion of the horse as we trot further out into the unknown, seeing a few more titans than we had seen in the last few days of travelling. The scenery perfect, grass untouched by cattle, trees blooming and twisting in untamed directions of the wild. Wildflowers like daisies and dandelions blew in the wind as we rode past. Levis arms around my waist suddenly, making the wind seem a lot slower, making the horse run in slow motion, but making my heart beat faster.

I heard his deep breathing as he put his face into my neck, brushing my hood to the side so he could get closer to my skin. His breath on my neck, sent shivers down my spine, I felt his lips curl up, into a small smile that I couldn't see but I knew was there when he nuzzled further, then he stayed still, slowly falling asleep in my neck.

I arrived at a decent place, following levis map accurately travelling for half the day as he slept on my back comfortably the entire time. As we arrived he must've noticed the change in the horses pace, he sat up properly and shook his head, holding onto my waist without letting go until the very last moment we stopped.

He picked up the tent from the storage and noticed a perfectly set tree that seemed to be in perfect shape to hide the tent from any rain and sun. He placed it in the floor.. the silence was killing me.. I oddly craved his voice. "You barely slept did you?" I mumbled, and he shook his head no avoiding looking at me probably embarrassed that he had fallen asleep on me. "No. You said you were afraid, so I stayed up to protect you." My heart skipped a beat.. Levi.. doing that for me?