ᴠɪɪɪ

The room wasn't horribly stuffy nor was it deathly frigid

It was just the right temperature for you and Chifuyu as you snored lightly, you leaning back against your bed with your head tilted and Chifuyu completely relaxed in your lap, still having his loose grip on your hand. The sun was just peaking out of the clouds by a bit, the clock on your desk reading '5:58 a.m'.

There was a breeze outside despite it being mid summer, nearing fall.

There was only the sounds of you two breathing, Chifuyu's hair messy and showing off more of his natural colored undercut.

The light from your window was a dull gray, the weather almost seeming as if rain were heading your way. You wouldn't be surprised if maybe a little drizzle came down at some point today.

Some birds sang outside your window, one car passing by with light music playing from their open windows.

Chifuyu's stomach felt much better than it did last night, a light bruise residing on his skin.

Your window was still slightly open from when you let the boy in, bringing in fresh air while blowing away the curtains from their spots. A lady exits her house a few houses down, fixing the earbuds in her ears before jogging past, off to accomplish a new day.

You didn't dream of anything really. It was just black. You wondered for a second what Chifuyu may be dreaming about.

Your mind was brought back to the idea of lovers from another life. It was only a prompt one would take from a romantic, fictional book but it was a warming thought. The fact that the two of you were already so comfortable being near each other despite the lack of time you've known one another made you think.

Could it ever be possible that you met Chifuyu in another life?

Eyelashes flutter open, eyes of blue seas squint up at the ceiling flooding with brightness. Your breathing was all he wanted to hear.

It felt nice to not wake up covered in blood.

His fingers lingered on his bandaged cheek and it reminding him that he was safe now. He wasn't fighting those horribly tough gang members whom he couldn't recognize. He wasn't bleeding out unconscious at the side of the road, injuries pulsing and legs limping with exhaustion. He wasn't calling up Baji to come pick him up just for his friend to laugh at him (and then probably going on a mass hunt to find those dudes and beat them up for hurting his friend).

No, he was here in your quiet room with you, bandaged up with care and feeling the most secure he's felt in a while.

Your hair clip was taken off while you slept to assure you wouldn't break it with the weight of your head. Chifuyu saw it lying on your desk, its glossy top glistening against the suns rays. He only continued to gaze up at it, entranced by the little fruit attached on.