ɪ

Chifuyu Matsuno stood beside his friends bike outside of their local convenience store, waiting patiently as a soft breeze brushed against his dyed locks

The chime of the door rings, Hanagaki Takemichi exiting the shop with a plastic bag in his hand filled to the top with snacks and drinks.

Chifuyu sweat at the sight, closing a hand in on his pocket and taking the bag with his other hand as Takemichi sat at the front of the bike.

"Is this much really necessary to have for a regular school day lunch...?"

The blond starts to bike his way to the new campus of their high school after Chifuyu had secured himself behind him, a wide grin on his face.

"It's our first day of high school and I'm gonna make sure I enjoy it!"

Chifuyu only sighs, gripping his school bag at his side and watching the road beside the bike lane, mind wandering to his new school year.

Who would be in his class? would he catch Takemichi in the halls during passing periods?

The thoughts kept rolling in and out of his brain, his teal eyes training on the trees and stores passing by the bike.

"Make sure not to get beat up on the first day, Takemitchy."

Chifuyu waved the now anxious and aware boy off as the school bell rang loudly. He opened the door to his first class, Science, and seated himself in the middle section near the walls so he could lean on something if he were tired or bored during a session. He never really liked science anyways.

The screech of a chair behind him and the soft placing of a bag caught the boys attention though.

Behind him now sat a girl with a warm appearance. E/c eyes that gazed wondrously down at the romance manga she was reading. H/c hair that seemed as if it were as soft as silk. Yet the clip resting in her hair that seemed to be holding the appearance of a (fruit) was what popped out to him the most.

If Chifuyu were aware of how he'd looked, he would have wiped the look of awe off his face.

It was when she noticed the boy staring and rose her head to give him a questioning glance that he whipped his head back to the front of his desk, hands clenched within each other as he pretended to do something.

She stifles a small quiet laugh, fixing the clip in her hair and going back to reading before the teacher entered to start the first science lesson of the year.

You were never a big fan of gangs.

Your little brother once got made fun of and kicked around by a 'gang' in his third year of elementary school, you finding out about it later that day when you walked over to pick him up after school to see him crying, bruises scattered throughout his legs and arms.