I glanced at the clock. It's barely one in the morning. "Get to the club. You're looking after it tonight." 

"What? Why? Where are you going?" 

"I have a... situation on my hands." 

"A pretty one-night stand situation?" He teased me. 

"A situation. Get here now, Adonis," I huffed. 

My door opened and he strolled in, his phone still pressed to his ear. "I'm here, what?" He stared at me impatiently. He looked around, getting startled when he saw her sleeping figure on the couch. "What in the name of hell? Who is that? What did you do? Did you drug her?" 

"Yes, I drugged her," I said sarcastically while standing up. "She was about to fall off my balcony, I saved her. And then she fainted." 

He watched me warily. "Why did you save her? You're not meant to interfere with the Fates." 

"She... might not be... human," I sighed. 

"What?" His eyes widened in shock. 

"I'll explain later. Just look after the club." I stood up and walked back over to her, picking her up. 

"Where are you going? You're taking her with you?" 

"Should I leave her here then? Yes, I'm taking her with me." 

"To the underworld?" 

I rolled my eyes. "To my apartment," I drawled. 

"Teleport," he suggested. "You'll get out unnoticed." 

"Just watch the club," I mumbled before walking through the door. Not opening it, walking through the wood. I stepped through the front door of my apartment, finding myself inside, where I intended to be. 

I sighed and walked to my bedroom, kicking the door open and setting her down on the bed. I'm not sure what I'm meant to do, I've never been in this sort of situation before. 

She stirred, lifting her arm and draping it over her eyes while she cursed under her breath. "Fuck," she exhaled, lifting her arm and opening her eyes. She blinked in confusion, staring at the ceiling. 

I doubt she's feeling tipsy now. The shock from nearly dying must have removed the alcohol from her system. 

She sat up and froze when her eyes landed on mine. 

"Good morning, sunshine," I said blankly, my arms folded across my chest. 

She stared at me, her eyes going down and then coming back up. She pointed a finger at me. "Traffic British guy." 

I pointed a finger back mockingly. "Traffic American girl." 

She tucked her hair behind her ear and looked at my bed before scrambling out of it, pulling the hem of her dress lower. Her dress isn't that revealing, I don't know why she's getting flustered. There's nothing for me to look at and lust after here. "What..." She pulled her lips into a thin line, looking around in confusion. "What am I doing here? Did we meet at the club? Why am I here?"