He wasn't looking at the woman who was slowly approaching his car while she was trying to cover her nakedness with the pink blanket the man had given her. And he definitely didn't hear her when she answered to his question with a quiet, "Not at all."

A few minutes later, they were on their way to the man's house. "The woods" by 12AM was being played on the radio. He couldn't stand being in the car and not having the radio on. Playing anything. Even the news, listening to several reporters talking about the new case they were investigating.

He locked eyes on hers in the rearview mirror. "I'm David. What's your name sweetie?"

He wasn't sure if she was looking at him from the backseat. There was too much darkness in her eyes to help him figure out. She might hadn't even heard him asking her anything. He took the hint that she wasn't in the mood for talking and turned his whole attention on the road ahead of him.

By the moment they were at his house, he helped her get out of the car and leaded her inside his apartment. It wasn't big, but it was enough for a small family to live in.

His wife was travelling a lot and their kids were all going in north universities. So, most of the days of the week, he had the entire house for his own. On the one hand that was something every man could ever wanted. But he had missed the smell of a fresh meal. Returning home and finding the house clean and not seeing all of your clothes thrown in every corner of the house.

The next day, he would have all of these things. At least that was what he thought.

He unlocked the front door of the apartment and got inside. He took a look around.

"It's a bit messy, but I will clean it up for you." He assured her, turning around to face her.

She was standing outside, keeping her arms around her body. The blanket was about to fall off her. It was a good thing she wasn't moving.

"I will turn on the warm water. The bathroom is first door on your left. And," He held up both of his hands. "It's all clean in there. You have nothing to worry about."

That was a lie. He had no idea how it looked like at the moment. He wasn't usually taking care of himself and the bathroom would probably be like the rest of his place. But that wasn't something she cared about.

She offered him a weak nod before she stepped inside the house. She immediately started walking towards the hallway, already on her way to find the bathroom.

He stood in the living room, peering over to check if she would get to the right door. When the sound of a door closing ringed in his ears, he released an exhausted breath. He needed a hot shower too, but now he had other priorities.

He wandered around the small living area, picking up some of his thrown clothes from the floor. The next thing he did was going in the kitchen and opening the fridge. He wasn't usually eating dinner, but now he had a quest. His wife would be home in about an hour and she would definitely find the woman he had brought from the woods at their apartment. He took out a few tomatoes and a cucumber he had kept in there since last Friday. It was Thursday.

He heard the woman turning off the water. He approached the white object he had placed on top of the table, near the counter. He pressed the switch on its side and a loud female voice made him grin widely. He loved her channel. Even though she was a reporter, which meant that she could become very boring sometimes. But his wife liked hearing her music that was being played by her on the radio. She liked her too.

He started cutting the cucumber in small pieces. Careful and slow.

"I met my wife when I was still going in high school." He shouted, meant for the woman in the bathroom to hear him speaking. "It was love from first sight." He grinned at the thought. "We started dating at the age of seventeen. A year later, we had a son. We freaked out at the beginning, when we first found out. But we learnt how to handle it." He pulled a ball out of the cupboard above his head. "She is going to like you, I believe. She likes everyone she sees, trust me. She is very beautiful, too. Smart, funny and very talented in everything she's doing. I think you are going to like her too."