Landed

*ding*
"/This is your pilot speaking, we are about to prepare for landing. Local time is 5pm. Thank you for flying with us.
Cabin crew, prepare for landing"/

The flight would have been tedious if it wasn't for the wonderful woman sitting beside you, taking moments to share pages from the book she was reading, reading passages of them quietly into your ear as you nestled beside her, sharing stories of her younger years & asking you about your family & friends.

In between tender moments with Cate you have hardly stopped worrying about having to respond to everyone who has contacted you before & during the flight. But like she said, she will be there to help.

"Now, when we land we will bypass almost everything except security.
My assistant Georgia will be waiting for us, she has a driver arranged that she will take us to. I'm hoping there won't be many people about but we will see"
Cate says to you

"No worries, I'll follow your lead"
You say to her with a nervous smile

"I've got you darling"
She says comforting you.

---
/Off the plane, in the airport/
---

After you pass security you walk arm in arm with Cate, it's strangely casual. A few people stare but keep their distance.

You see a blonde woman approaching
"Here she is"
Cate says, reaching her arms out to greet the woman with a hug
"Georgia"
She says happily, giving her a warm embrace
"Georgia, This is Y/N"
She says as she steps back to hold your arm once again

"Oh I know, I seen the article & spoken to Hilda"
Georgia says with a chuckle & an eye roll
"It's lovely to meet you Y/N"
She adds with a smile

"Likewise"
You say politely

"Your driver is waiting, he has your bags loaded already.
There are some paparazzi around outside but if I exit first I will let him know to open the door so you two can get right in."
Georgia explains

"Thank you so much Georg"
Cate says as you all begin to walk, following Georgias lead

"I won't be far from your hotel so if you need anything at all just let me know"
Georgia says as you reach the airport exit

"Thank you so much again"
Cate says

"It was lovely to meet you"
You say

Georgia smiles
"No problems, it was lovely to meet you too, I'm sure I'll be seeing you very soon"
She says as she exits the doors & speaks with the driver

You see people outside gathering

"You ready darling?"
Cate says

"As ready as I'll ever be"
You answer

She takes your hand in hers & leads you out, the sounds of a few flashes sounding & the murmur of a small crowd passes quickly as you both make it inside the car swiftly.

"Well that wasn't too bad"
You say in relief

"No it wasn't"
She smiles before taking her phone out & turning it on.
You do the same, having to put your phone on silent instantly from the constant notifications.

"It will be ok my love"
She says.

You message your family & best friend to let them know you have arrived safely, hoping they haven't seen the news before you are able to explain the full situation.
---
/At the hotel/

 ---/At the hotel/