My Favourite Part About You

Sandra had wandered off to get more drinks, she comes back in a hurry
"I know you never like to stay long at these things Miss Blankett"
Sandy says jokingly all of you grinning together
"hence the nickname Blankett"
She adds, letting you know, you all laugh.

"Yeah yeah"
Cate says rolling her eyes laughing

"One thing before you ladies leave we are doing is we are dancing, now drink these & let's go"
Sandy says excitedly, a tone too happy to turn down

Cate looks at you to see if you are happy with that, which of course you are. You'd be ok with anything these two ladies wanted you to do.

You smile
"Yes of course I want to dance with you two beautiful ladies"
you say

Cate gives you a happy wink & grabs your hand. She doesn't care who is around, she's such an affectionate person you don't think anyone would pay any mind to it anyhow but either way it doesn't seem to bother her.

You have a whole other energy now, you feel like nothing could bring you down with this wondrous woman beside you, with you.

"Alright but this is my last drink, you know I like to drive myself home from these things & I was bestowed more vodka than makeup by the beauty team earlier"
Cate says as she smirks, looking at Sandy playfully

"Well if I had luxury cars like two time Oscar winner Miss Catherine Blanchett I'd like driving myself home too"
Sandy replies in a cheeky tone causing you all to have another laugh

You all have your drink & start walking to go dance, you are all having so much fun & you have drawn quite the crowd around, everyone all joining to dance even with you, it's amazing. Cate always keeping connected with you making sure you don't feel one bit out of place her small touches, her hands over your body, singing songs to one another, you both singing them to Sandy together, Sandy occasionally blocking her ears in a funny way making all of your cheeks sore from laughing.

Sandys dancing with some of the people who joined you & Cate starts dancing close with you, this is the most trancelike you've been in your life, you fell the thump of the music in your heart whilst you feel a part of her body as it is against you. It's like you, her, your emotions & the music have all merged into one, it's magical, incomprehensible, otherworldly.

Cate gives you a look, you know she's ready to leave.
Maybe you are starting to read her mind now you think to yourself.
She pulls Sandy in & gives her a kiss on the cheek & says something to her you can't hear from the music followed by a goodbye, Sandy gives you a huge hug bringing her cheek to yours, her mouth to your ear
"I'll see you at dinner tomorrow (Y/N)!"
She says

"Yes! I can't wait!"
You reply
Cate wraps her arm around your side keeping you close as she turns to walk with you.

"Oh and suit!"
Sandy yells out to you running slightly, pulling you in to say one last thing into your ear
"Please have fun, Cates been having a hard time lately, I've seen her smile more with you than I have for months. You're good for her, and a good person I can tell. I meant it when I said I like you"
she gives you another hug & not just a quick goodbye hug, a hug like she have Cate, a warm thankful hug rubbing your back kindly, you can tell she definitely means it.

Cate shakes her head with a smile, she's used to Sandys antics, she secures her arm back around your side & you both head to the door. Everyone moves out of both of your ways, Cate says goodbye to the event organiser thanks her again & security come to lead you both to the valet. You can't help but notice every person you pass at the enormous venue is in awe of Cate, you love seeing their reactions to her passing by, each & every persons eyes glimmer at just a glance of her.