Travelling

Three months later

"Wake up baby"
You hear along with a squeeze around your body. No matter how times you hear that raspy morning voice of hers you don't think it will ever not give you the same intense reaction.

Your eyes flutter open to see her golden hair & icy eyes looking at you, her smile makes your heart flutter
"Good morning"
You say to her with a yawn
"How did you sleep?"
You ask

"Always better with you darling"
She leans closer to you, giving a gentle kiss
"Last night was fucking amazing"
She says in a low voice between kisses, alcohol still lingering on your breaths.

Last night turned into a welcome back/going away celebration.
A night of boozing & fucking the night away.
After being away shooting for a month & a half she surprised you in signature Cate fashion. With bottle of alcohol in hand she came to your hotel room that she had organised for you (nearby the airport) for the following days journey.

She thinks of details you wouldn't even begin to. From suitcases packed with warm clothes for the chilly London air to multiple miniature perfume bottles for whatever scent you're gravitating towards, ear pods, books that she knows you'd love, slippers, absolutely everything you could possibly need & more.

Not only does she think of everything in the sense of travel, but in life.
The exact moment you both polished off the first bottle of alcohol while listening to stories of your time apart, sharing laughs, kisses & embraces there was a knock on the door, room service, absolutely perfect timing down to the second.
You don't know how she does it, you don't think you ever will.

You previously thought you would just be flying over to the UK alone to meet her, but as always she had other plans.
The overly beautiful hotel room was more than enough, the pre organised luggage was more enough. But then the fact that she travelled just to accompany you is something so tender you cannot even begin to describe.

You wrap your arms around her pulling her closer
"If you keep up with that I'll have to do last night all over again.."
You say as she keeps kissing you, you move your mouth down her neck
"And we both know we don't have time for that"
You add, smiling against her chest

"Don't tempt me baby, you know I would just organise another flight"
She teases, you chuckle & swat her ass jokingly, knowing in just seconds she could & she would organise another one just to spend the day in bed like you usually do when she gets back.

————————————————————————

Arriving at the airport was something you've never experienced before, the flashes of cameras slightly disorientating but Cate kept her arm linked & hand in yours the whole time.

The voices of the paparazzi layering one another making it nearly impossible hear what they're saying amongst them calling her name & asking questions you make out just a few.

"Cate, off to start your play?"
One yells

"Any upcoming films Cate?"
Another asks

"Can we get a smile"
Another yells

ugh really, like she's a show pony?
You think to yourself, slightly peeved how they speak to her wanting a reaction

"Who is this mystery lady we keep seeing you with? Assistant? Co-star? Love interest?"
Another one asks.

That one shakes you, you worry that might have shown on your face.
It never really hit you until now how much you have been seen together.
The press over here haven't been too bad, but you just know the UK press are much more full on & it terrifies you.

You make your way to the airport lounge, an absolutely beautiful area you didn't ever think you'd visit. Champagne on arrival, a buffet & private seating.

You sit & sip, your mind slightly shaken from the paps comment earlier.

"I'm sorry they're so full on"
She says with a tender tone

"It's not them."
You say

Her brows furrow
"What is it darling?"
She asks concerned

"Have you spoken to him about us?"
You say quickly, your words fall out almost uncontrollably.
Her eyes fill with a sadness & it instantly makes your stomach sink
"I know we spoke about you and Andrew the first night we met. But I can't shake this overwhelming sense of guilt especially being photographed with you, I don't want anyone getting hurt"
You add with a sad tone.

She looks down briefly, appearing to gather her thoughts before taking your hands in hers.
"I have. I told him I met someone the moment I left you and was alone."
She says with a low tone, eyes looking down again.
"As soon as I left, I felt so many things. I missed everything about you, I could barely sleep thinking about if you were ok, what was happening. I knew then I needed to tell him, so I did. I told him what an incredible, kind, intelligent, captivating person you were. I told him how I see you and how I feel about you and among other things, finally I told him what a perfect woman you are for me."
She adds, the corners of her lips upturning as she looks up into your eyes

You didn't expect that at all. She told him everything, she even told him you are female

Your heart thumps
"And what did he say?"
You asks nervously

"It's strange for him of course. You are the first person I've ever spoken to him about. But, all in all he's happy for us"
She says with a smile

"I- I'm so glad"
You say, squeezing her hands

She leans in & gives you a gentle kiss that you fall into completely, no worries, no guilt just enjoying *her*
You both deepen the kiss, gently giving a bite to one another's lip as your mouths open to taste one another more.

*a call for your flight to board comes through the speakers*

You both break the kiss to head to the gate.

"We can get back to that later"
She says with a smirk, gently tapping your ass as you get up.

————————————————————————

You've taken your seats in the plane. You check your phone one more time & the first thing you see is a news article
'After denying 'multiple relationships with women' in the past Cate Blanchett looks as though she may have actually been telling the truth after all.
With a photo through the hotel window of you two kissing, as well as multiple other pictures of you & Cate together.

You instantly feel dizzy & your stomach swirls.

"Are you ok darling? You look as though you've seen a ghost"
She asks intently, you turn the phone to show her the article..