Chapter 3:

Preston :

We have been on this plane for, five hours and I hate it.

Right now I'm sitting in my seat, with my laptop in front of me looking out of the window.

I have to get some work in our family business done before we land, we have about four more hours left.

Ariadne and I thought it was best to send letters rather than just text or call, it's something that we always used to do in our dormitory as we were close but far.

So before I left I got the mail she sent me, which is some photos, a gift and a long ass letter.

I'm not complaining, I love it when she writes letters rather than just texting. It makes the butterflies stay alive, I know she's still loves me as I do her.

She also knows what I do, I mean we aren't the words most feared couple for nothing.

That's right, we're both assassins. Though she works alone and I work in my families business.

People fear us as we do ruthless things together, no one has seen our faces.

The thrill of being with the love of your life and killing those who aren't innocent is exhilarating.

I mean yeah we were just in year 8 and 9 but we knew more than what we were putting out there.

We let people see what we wanted them to see, no one dared to try and break us apart. We were known everywhere in New York. We probably still are.

In the letter she mentioned on how no one dares to try and date her as they know I will come back to her. Damn straight.

She's mine and I'm hers. I'm not one of those toxic dudes where I won't let her explain anything or just assume.

I trust her enough to tell me whatever is bothering her. And if she can't tell me right away I'll let her come to me.

She's straight forward and right to the point, so am I. I don't like playing the mouse and cat game. It's boring.

I rather point out what I want and get straight to the point.

My family says I'm cold and blunt, which I am but it's not my fault people are too sensitive to digest information.

But boy if I'm turn a cold shoulder to Aria she would have my ass for it.

Believe me, I did it once. She made me regret it.

No one gets me like she does, she can see straight through the bullshit I spit out of my mouth.

She's not afraid to ride or die for me.

And I'm not afraid to do the same.

Anyway, drifting back to the laptop in front of me, I start to do work. Depressing stupid paper work for my legal business, god tell me why I thought it was a good idea to do this by myself and not get other people to help me.

My moms right, I am a stubborn one.

Three and a half hours later I am finally done, thank god.

I close up my laptop, stuff it in my bag and stand up to stretch.

"Hey Pres, can you pass me those chips ?", my older sister Lea asks.

Going to grab the bag of chips I head over to where she is, near my other siblings watching a movie.

I plop down next to her and give her the chips.

"Thanks ", she says.

"Mhmm "