━━━━ xvii

Magsimula sa umpisa

she pulled leah in for a tight hug, not wanting to let go.

"leah! spence!" she yelled. "so glad you guys could make it!"

"of course we're here, jj," leah raised her eyebrows with a smile on her face. "i've told you like 50 times that we'd be here. so what's up? what's so important that we needed to be here?"

"oh!" jj looked a bit...nervous? for what though, leah didn't know. "nothing! just wanted you two to be here, is all. you are my best friends after all!"

although still suspicious, leah let jj's somewhat odd behavior go, and went on to enjoy the party. she mostly stayed with spencer for most of the time- sometimes splitting off and talking to the others. she, emily and jj talked a lot about how cute derek and his new girlfriend, savannah were. (I KNOW THE TIMELINE'S MESSED UP, I KNOW EMILY WOULD BE GONE BY NOW BUT I WARNED YA IN THE INTRO OF THIS BOOK THAT THE TIMELINE WAS MESSED UP SO HA.) savannah wasn't at the party tonight, but she had been to their work building to drop some lunch off to derek- where they all had the pleasure of meeting her.

and then she drank a bit with penelope and derek morgan convinced her to dance one song with her. as did aaron, and as did rossi.

something felt a bit...off, though. like something was...missing?

leah looked around the first floor of david's house. finally, she reached the glass door that lead to the backyard and the gazebo/pool area. looking outside, she saw spencer sitting by the side of the pool with his pants rolled up to his knees, the bottom half of his legs in the water.

leah smiled, and opened the glass door, and walked over towards him.

"hey, you!" leah called out as she walked over to the side of the pool where spencer was sitting.

spencer turned around to look at her, and smiled. "hey, leah."

"everything okay? why are you out here alone?"

"everything's fine, don't worry. i was actually just about to grab you, there's a pink moon tonight."

leah's jaw dropped. "what do you mean 'a pink moon?'"

"well, it's april 26, which is the first full moon in april. every full moon of each month could have a different tint of color depending on when it happens. in april this year, the moon is actually a supermoon, meaning it'll shine much brighter than usual- and since it's in april, the moon will be pink."

"that's... awesome!" leah squealed in excitement. spencer stared at her, laughing lightly.

"i knew you'd like it. it's about to come up over those trees, too." spencer pointed ahead of them towards the trees that grew just on the other side of rossi's fence that surrounded the backyard.

"oh my god!" leah was super excited. she had always loved the color pink, although it wasn't her favorite. still, she doesn't recall ever seeing a moon that was any color but white or gray!

and they waited and watched as the pink moon rose over the trees. it was gorgeous.

leah grabbed spencer's hand in hers, and she didn't want to be anywhere else right now. all she cared about was him, the moon, and the billions and billions of stars that shone in the dark sky. she leaned her head on his shoulder as they stared at the moon.

"look!" leah pointed. "a shooting star!"

spencer smiled, he had seen it too.

"did you make a wish?" spencer asked her. "i did."

"i thought you didn't believe in anything that wasn't science?" leah smirked, looking up at him.

"yeah, yeah- but i trust the stars, you know? i may not believe in the ideologies of zodiac signs and astrology and whatnot, but i've wished on shooting stars since i was a kid. granted, before tonight i've only seen 2."