"𝑰𝒕𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒎, 𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒕." - 𝑰𝑰𝑰

I woke up at 6:30 this morning so I have time to get ready for the first day back to school since the winter break. Its January 6th, 1965 - a Wednesday. I grabbed a pair of light-wash jeans, and a black Rolling Stones t-shirt, and walked into the bathroom to shower. 

I turned the shower to warm and stepped in. I closed my eyes, letting the warm water cascade down my body, before I started to actually wash my self.

Once I got out of the shower, I put on my clothes, brushed, blow dried, and styled my hair. I left my hair down, it went about mid-way down my back, brown in colour and had a red bandanna in, keeping it out of my face. 

By the time I was done, It was 7:15 so I headed down stairs and got some cereal. I always liked to put a bit of coffee in my cereal milk - a habit I picked up off my Nonna. 

"Mornin' Delaina!" Sodapop said."

"Morning Sodapop!" I replied with a smile. 

"Hey guys!" Ponyboy said as he walked into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl in the cupboard for his cereal. 

"Hi Pony!" I said. 

Darry came down next, making a cup of coffee. "Did you put coffee in your Cheerios?" He asked me.

"Yeah?" I said confused.

"That's gross." Sodapop said.

"You know whats gross? Eggs and grape jelly. Like what the fuck is that? What in the world made you think of that combination?"I asked.

"Shes got a point Soda." Darry agreed with me. 

"Its good." Soda insisted. 

"What made you come up with that?" I asked.

"I don't know. Curiosity?"

"Curiosity killed the cat." Ponyboy reasoned.

"Do ya guys got your bags packed?" Darry motioned to Pony and I.

"Yup." I said, dreading the day to come. I never liked school, but I won't ever miss it, because then I would have to catch up on a bunch of work. 

"Well you guys better get going. You're gonna be late." Darry warned. I looked at the clock, 7:45. School starts at 8:30, it wasn't far from my house, maybe about three blocks away. But Pony and I liked to get the early. 

After I washed my bowl and dressed according to the weather, we were ready to leave at about 8:15. I had on a light grey jacket - which wasn't to heavy, because I don't like wearing thick clothes - and a hat with a pom-pom on top. 

Pony and I were walking along the side walk, talking occasionally, when he suddenly grabbed my hand. I looked up at him, to see he was smiling down at me. I smiled back.

"Is this okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I smiled. 

We continued our walk to school in a comfortable silence, still holding hands. 

We were almost at school when an old woman walked by us, "Aww, you guys are such a cute couple." She said sweetly.

"Oh we're not-" I began to say, but then Ponyboy cut me off, "Thank you!"

The old woman smiled and continued walking. Once she was out of ear shot, I spoke up, "What was that all about?" I asked, referring to when Pony agreed we were a cute couple.

"Just takin' compliments, that's all." He said. 

"You like me, don't you?" I said more of a statement than a question.