"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕 '𝒆𝒎." - 𝑰

TW: Body Shaming (?)

"Say, 'Cheese!'." Mrs. Curtis said as she was about to snap a picture of Ponyboy and I. I hated taking pictures. To me, they are useless. 

"Cheese!" Ponyboy and I said at the same time. The picture developed out of the camera and Mrs. Curtis handed it to me. I took out a pen, and wrote the date at the bottom of the Polaroid photo; 12/24/64. I pulled out a thumb tack, and pinned the photo to my pin board. 

For someone who doesn't like taking photos, I have a lot of them pinned to my pin board. But, that's because I don't take pictures often, so I save the ones I have. 

Me and Ponyboy are thirteen now. Both of our birthdays are in July so we celebrate them together. We've always been close; ever since I can remember. 

Its Christmas Eve, so my mom said for the Curtis' to stay over night and in the morning we can open our presents together.

"Kids, you guys need to go to sleep now or Santa won't come." My dad said. Yeah, 'Santa' won't come. I looked at the clock; 10:37 pm. It was pretty late and I was tired so I did as I was told. 

I walked up stairs to my room and put on a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. I put my long brown hair into a  low ponytail and went to brush my teeth. 

I was about done brushing my teeth when my mom walked in.

"Aren't you gonna be cold in a tank top?" She asked.

"No." I never really get cold so I usually sleep in shorts, but if my mom saw me sleeping in shorts in the winter, she would about skin me alive. 

"Well, you are sleeping downstairs, on the couch, with everyone else."

"Why?"

"Delaina, you know exactly why, it isn't fair to everyone else." She said sternly.

"Fine, fine." I agreed.

I was about halfway down the stairs when my mom called my name, "Delaina. Blankets." She pointed to the closet. I swear she always does that. She was right beside the closet, why couldn't she get them. 

So, I walked back up the stairs and grabbed a couple blankets from the closet and walked back down the stairs. This time, without being interrupted. 

I handed one each to Sodapop, Darry and Ponyboy. I had no idea where Mr. and Mrs. Curtis went, they must've left and they'll be back in the morning. 

Me and Pony got on one couch and Soda and Darry got on another, while my parents went to their room.

Ponyboy wrapped his arms around me, he was pretty much spooning me.

After lying there for about forty-five minutes, I still couldn't sleep. I'm pretty sure everyone else was asleep though.

"Hey, Delaina?" Ponyboy whispered. His face was right by my face and I could feel his warm breath on my neck. 

"What Pony? You about scared me half to death."

"Sorry about that...but, I have a question?"

"Go on." I encouraged him.

"Do you think Santa is real?" Pony asked, still whispering.

"No. Do you?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, hes not." I said.

"How do you know?" Did he seriously not believe me?

"I saw my parents putting presents from 'Santa' under the tree."