Chapter Seventeen

HAHA, GOT YOU! APRIL FOOLS, GUYS! ID NEVER DELETE THIS :) LOVE YOU, ENJOY!!!  

Help Me Get Over Him

Chapter Seventeen

T R I S

    I look at Tobias, searching for an answer. Evelyn is... Tobias' mother, right? Why is she here? In Hawaii of all places? I frown and Tobias glances at me. "What are you doing here?" He demands, looking at her like she just killed someone, with pure hatred, confusion and sadness. I feel sorry for him, the bitch - pardon my French - left him with his abusive father, if I was in his place I would walk away. I don't even want to look at her.

    So I don't, I look at Tobias. Seeing him this uncomfortable puts an odd feeling in my stomach. She has no right to even see Tobias, imagine that?  Not having the right to see your son. How shameful. I guess that's how life works, when you do shameful things; you get put into shameful consequences. "Why are you here, Evelyn? To ruin my life again? Or do you think you can just come back into my life and say 'Hey, I'm your mom. Let's play nice.' Well no, I'm leaving, don't you ever come near me or my real family ever. Again." Tobias grabs hand and we quickly walk out of the restaurant. I feel bad for him, I know he's upset, I can see it in his sagged posture. I just hope today gets better, this was supposed to be our day, not Evelyns. I know I sound like a selfish twerp right now, but this is my mind, I can say what I want. 

    I really wouldn't hesitate to keep Evelyn out of his life for good. I sound like a cold hearted jerk, I know. But you can't abandon your post-abused son, leave, come back, and expect him to forgive you with open arms. It won't happen, and it didn't happen. That's like... The exact opposite of Tobias' reaction. 

   When we get to the car he doesn't get in he just looks at me, "I'm so sorry, Tris... I really wanted to have a good time tonight, but it's all my fault with my mother, and my pas-" I cut him off by pecking his lips, "Its okay, just the thought that you tried is more than enough for me. I love you, let's go somewhere else." He nods and I hug him, "Its okay, I promise." I whisper. We pull up to a different restaurant and it looks exactly the same, I raise an eyebrow at Tobias, "What? Two locations." I smile, he really is the best.

    I lean over and kiss his cheek then hop out of the car, racing Tobias to the doors. This is what we are, two young adults completely and utterly in love. Which is the best that could possibly be, and for that I'm thankful. When we get inside the restaurant the hostess takes us to our table and it is very vacated, away from everyone. I'm not complaining though, I like it. I think he does too, because he eagerly pulls out my chair for me and pushes me in and quickly gets in his own seat. "Let me just say, you guys are literally adorable." The waitress says when she gets to our table.

    I laugh, Tobias winks at me. "Thank you! We really needed that today." She laughs, "Your welcome! What can I get you guys to drink today?" I look at Tobias and he knows what we both want, "A miti, please, for both of us." (my-tie is a Hawaiian drink, theres virgin miti's that arent alcoholic, but most of them are.) "Can I see your ID's please?" I take my license out of my purse and hand it to her, Tobias does too, she takes a quick glance at our birthdays and hands them back. "Alrighty. I'll be right back with your order." We thank her and put our ID's back. 

    When she comes back me and Tobias immedietly try the drink, "Oooh... This is literally the best thing I have ever tasted." He laughs, "It is really good, isn't it." I nod and the waitress asks for our orders, "I'll try the pinnaple chicken with the spice rice." Tobias says, I'll have the same." I say. She laughs, "You guys are just alike, I'll go put your order in. Enjoy." 

    By the time we leave the restaraunt we are stuffed and hydrated. We get in the car and head back to the hotel, except we don't go inside, we go to the beach behind it. We both take our shoes off and walk along the sand, by the water so that it barley grazes our toes when the waves pass. He stops and moves to were he is in front of me, standing in the perfect spot so the moon is shining down on us like a spotlight. He pulls a small box out of his pocket, "Tris, will you do the honor, and accept this promise ring?" He opens the box to show me the ring; "This ring indicates my promise to you; ,Tris Prior, I promise to stay by your side, day and night, I promise to protect you and keep as safe as possible while I'm around. I promise to love you and keep you warm when your cold, I promise to hurt anyone if they hurt you, ten times worse. I love you, Tris." She is in tears and nods rapidly, slipping the ring on her finger. This kind of feels like an engagement. 

    But it's not, obviously. Even though I wouldn't mind, I'd just want to wait a while for the wedding. Not doubting that Tris isn't the one for me, I know she is, we all do. I just don't think I can go through the stress of a wedding right now, I know she can't. I don't even know if her dad knows we're dating. I need her dads permission if I even have that thought again. Which I won't until the future days. 

     I grab her hand and we walk along the shore a little longer. But when we go back into our hotel room and change. She snuggles close to me in my bed, I kiss her lips and watch her beautiful face relax and drift off into an sleepy abyss. 

    I love this girl more than Dauntless cake... And that's alot. 

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME FOR DOING THAT!!! 

Haha, I'm sorry! I had to April Fools you guys early! I love you so so so much! Thank you for all the sweet things you said about me and the story, you guys are literally the best people ever. 

Have a wonderful day. *kisses*