Chapter twenty-two

TW: Mentions of rape and torture

In the dining room, the Trio and Lupin are fighting against Narcissa and Dolohov. They keep blocking each other's spells until Harry hits and disarms them both.

"Expelliarmus!" he yells as he first points his wand at Dolohov and then at Narcissa. Narcissa's wand flies out of her hand - while Dolohov flies into the wall.

Lupin looks at Harry as he praises him. "Excellent job, Harry! You made Dolohov smack into that wall!" he says as he can't help but chuckle.

Vera, Laura and Black run up to them. "We have to go! What are you all waiting for? A ticket for Azkaban or whatever that prison is called? Run! We have to leave!" Laura yells at them. They all run out of the Manor and meet up with Snape and Y/N outside.

When they are outside of the building, Laura and Vera immediately run up to Y/N and hug her so tightly she almost can't breathe. "Y/N! Thank Goodness you are okay! We were so worried about you!" Laura exclaims.

Y/N hugs them back just as tightly. "Thank you for coming to save me. I almost thought you weren't coming" she admits, looking a bit ashamed of her thought.

Lupin scratches the back of his neck. "Yes, sorry about the long wait. We were organising the rescue plan. We had to make some changes as somebody had to leave in a hurry" he says as he looks at Snape.

"Correct. Now, let us leave before they catch us out here" Snape says as he apparates them away from Malfoy Manor and outside the Headquarters.

As they enter and ignore the screaming once again, they are greeted by a very happy and emotional Molly Weasley.

"Oh, thank Merlin that all of you are all right! And Y/N, I was so worried. Did they hurt you, dear?" Mrs. Weasley gently asks in a worried tone. Y/N shudders. She does not want to think about it.

"Let us ask questions while we are all sitting down. Come on, let us go to the dining room" Black says as they all enter the room and sit down around the dinner table. Dumbledore, Mr. Weasley, Tonks, Moody, Ginny, Luna and the twins are all there as well.

"It is very good that you all made it and escaped. Now, what happened at Malfoy Manor, Y/N?" Dumbledore asks her, gently and slowly.

As she explains, Y/N can't help but close her eyes. "Lucius Malfoy took me there. I saw him, I saw Vol- I mean You-Know-Who. He was there. He... Anyway, he took the diamond. The orange one. But I got the pink one while they weren't looking" she says as she shows them the pink, glowing diamond.

Hermione looks puzzled. "Wait a minute. It is glowing! Does that mean you can use it as well?" she asks, curious yet confused. The others are confused as well. It does indeed glow, but wasn't it supposed to only be one of them that she could use?

"I guess I can use both. Maybe it doesn't matter which one I use?" Y/N suggests, a bit confused as well.

"It seems so. This means we still have a chance to defeat You-Know-Who. I hope the Death Eaters did not hurt you, Y/N" Mr. Weasley slowly says.

Y/N closes her eyes once again. She doesn't want to be reminded of the events. "Y/N?" Laura asks, almost in a whisper.

Y/N starts to shake, uncontrollably. "I... I don't want to talk about it" she says in a shaky voice which is barely above a whisper.

Dumbledore looks deep in thought. "Did Lucius-?" he starts but she quickly interrupts him.

"No. Lucius Malfoy didn't do anything. He and his wife have been nothing but kind to me. Their son didn't do anything, either. It's Bellatrix and D-Do..." she says as she can barely say his name.

Dumbledore immediately understands. "I see. Do not worry, we will not make you tell us if you are not ready to do so. Now, I suggest we all eat and get some rest afterwards. Tomorrow, we will discuss what our plan is" he says as he conjures plates, silverware and food. Everybody then tucks in and eats in silence.

While they do so, Black is giving dirty looks to Snape. He doesn't fully trust him and suspects that he has helped the other Death Eaters torture Y/N or something worse.

When they are finished eating, they all head to bed. Y/N says good night to her friends as she hugs them tightly.

Before she enters her room, Vera stops her. "Y/N, I just want you to know that we are here for you. You know that, right? If you ever want to talk about what happened, we will be here to listen" she says as she smiles.

Y/N smiles back at her. "Thanks, Vera. I know that. I will probably tell you at some point, but I'm just not ready yet" she tells her. Nodding as she understands, Vera enters her room after waving at Y/N.

As Y/N opens the door to her room, Snape approaches her. "May I talk to you for a minute?" he asks her. Nodding, she steps aside so he can enter. After he does so, she enters as well.

Snape then sits on her bed and pats the spot beside him to signal her to sit there. As she does so, he takes a deep breath. "I just want to apologise for what happened to you. If only Lucius and I had followed Dolohov immediately, then-" he starts but is interrupted.

"I'm sorry for interrupting you but you don't have to apologise. You didn't do anything wrong. It's not your fault, it's... his, you know who I'm talking about. And if you and Lucius hadn't shown up, it wouldn't have ended well at all. So, thank you. Thank you so much. And please thank Lucius for me next time you see him" she says as she shyly smiles at him.

At first, Snape raises an eyebrow at her calling Lucius by his first name, but then gets a feeling that he probably told her to do so. Narcissa too, perhaps.

Snape then gives her a nod. "Anytime. And I will, do not worry. Now, you should sleep. It will be a long day tomorrow" he says as he stands up.

However, before he can leave, Y/N grabs his hand. "Please don't leave. I-I don't think I can sleep alone" she says in a small voice, pleading with him.

Snape sighs. "All right, if you insist" he says in a reassuring tone.

As he's about to take off his shirt, Y/N blushes and quickly looks away. Snape can't help but smirk at her. He then takes off his pants and shoes as well and goes under the duvet.

Y/N goes under the duvet too and takes off the dress that Narcissa gave her, as well as her shoes, while she's under there. With a flick of his wand, Snape turns off the lights.

"Good night, Severus" she whispers as she closes her eyes, thinking that he won't hear her. But he does.

"Good night, Y/N" he whispers back, gently taking her hand in his as he caresses it with his thumb. Y/N blushes at that but also smiles as she then gives his hand a small squeeze. Snape gives a small smile at that. They both then fall asleep almost in an instant.