Act II: Part 14

I thought this chapter was long but apparently it isn't according to word count

Whatever I don't fucking care anymore just read it I literally can't even be bothered 🙄🖐

TW: mention of panic attacks, PTSD

Previously...

"No?" He doesn't sound confused or upset, which is nice. "If you don't want to that's perfectly fine, nobody's expecting you to do anything. So no pressure," he added, tone light and quiet. I smiled, letting out a breath I didn't know I had been holding. It's silent for a moment, before Dream speaks up again.

"Well... we should eat something, why don't we go downstairs?"

**Dream's P.O.V.**

It had been nearly a week since I found George having a panic attack. Ever since that day, he's been more open and willing to let me help, which is really good.

The first day or two, George kept to himself, mostly. But one night, he came into my room in the middle of the night, arms wrapped tightly around himself as his small frame shuddered and shook with his heavy, sobbing breaths.

I invited him in, of course. I would never turn him away. George fell asleep in my bed that night, curled up next to me. And when we woke up? He was curled into my chest, tucked under my chin.

Ever since that night, he's been coming to my room to sleep. Two days ago, he wanted to cuddle as we fell asleep, which- again- I wouldn't turn down. That night was probably one of the best nights that either of us had had since George got to Florida.

I honestly can't believe how much progress he's made. The past week has been really good for him, and I couldn't be more proud. In just the past three weeks he's been here, he's gone from distant and terrified to more open and receptive, and it's amazing. I make sure to remind him constantly of how incredible he is and how proud I am to be his friend, because he deserves so much love.

George has been smiling more often and I even heard him laugh a few times. Even though he doesn't speak, he's still great company, and I love him being here.

~

"Tired?" I ask, seeing George yawn and rub his eyes. He glances over, nodding in agreement. "Alright, I'll clean up, you can go get ready for bed." I pause the movie, gathering up the various dishes that had accumulated during the day. George headed upstairs, sluggish and sleepy.

Once everything was taken care of, I turned off the lights and went upstairs, seeing the lights already off in my room. I brushed my teeth quickly, changing into a plain white t-shirt before quietly going into my room. As expected, George was already in bed, eyes closed.

I climbed in bed opposite him, sighing softly and turning on my side, facing him. George was facing me as well, calm and still. He made a quiet mumbling sound, moving in so he was against my chest.

"Aw..." I smiled fondly, sighing. "Can I put my arms around you?" He just sort of nodded, tensing up for only a moment when I put my arms around him. He was getting a lot better with this kind of stuff, becoming more cuddly and even a bit clingy (not that I minded, in fact I welcomed it).

"I know I say this a lot, but I really am proud of you. You're so much stronger than you know," I murmur, feeling his head settle down in the crook of my neck. His breathing slowed, his chest barely moving. I waited for a few minutes before whispering:

"You deserve the world, George. And I'll stop at nothing to give it to you, I promise." I smile, gently pressing my lips to his forehead and kissing it.

What I didn't expect was for him to still be awake. He scrambled backwards so suddenly it took me a moment to actually process it. And when it finally clicked in my head, I couldn't help but feel a whirlwind of emotions- regret, fear, shame, all of it.

"Fuck, George, I'm so sorry! I never should've done that, I knew it was risky but I was stupid and I promise I won't do it again!" I exclaimed quickly, stumbling over my words a bit. His eyes, once wide with surprise, closed slowly as George took in a deep breath, curling back up into my arms.

I was confused, but proud. Even after I had been an idiot and messed up like that, George still felt safe enough with me to cuddle. And if that wasn't surprising enough, what he did next really shocked me.

George exhaled softly, opening his eyes to look up at me with a shrug and a smile.

"It's ok."

Oh yeah I forgot this was THAT chapter

I write them all earlier and then write the a/n like 3 seconds before posting it so 💁

Tbh I don't really like it I feel like its too fast maybe? there was a time skip between this chapter and the one before it but idk :/