I slammed my bedroom door, dumped my bag on the floor and dived onto my bed. How I hate this world. I wish I could escape to like Antarctica, or go and live deep in the Amazon jungle, but I can't stand cold weather, and I'm afraid of the bull frogs and the piranhas, so guess I'm stuck in this hell hole. My family does not understand my frustrations. April always sees the glass half full. Rafe hates me. Awe man life sucks! I reached for the desk phone and dialed April.

What's that smell__toothpaste!

'Andy!' I yanked open my door and stormed to his room, and entered without knocking. But as I took two steps into his room, I found myself sliding to the floor.

'Cardinal Rule number one, dear sister always knock. Isn't that what you demand__'

'Andy! I swear I'm going to kill you if I get my hands on you,' I chased after him, slipped again, but managed to pull him by his leg.

'Let go of me, let go of me,' he yelled, piercing my eardrum.

'You stuck tooth paste,' on my phone you moron!' I smacked him repeatedly on his back, as he covered his head with his hands. 'And do you want mom or I to break our legs? What the hell did you put on the floor?'

'It wasn't me,' he lied, but his flushing guilty face was a dead giveaway.

'I told you to keep out of my room,' I yelled, as I smacked him again.

'Argh! Stop hitting me.'

'What is going on in here?' mom demanded from the doorway.

'Don't come in!'

Andy and I screamed simultaneously, but it was too late. Mom was already on the floor.

And then Roger was at the door, a thunderous dark expression on his face, 'You two want to explain what's going on here?' He spoke in that very quiet voice he used when he was angry, as he helped mom up.

Neither of us spoke.

'You okay honey?' Roger asked mom.

'Yes,' she nodded, looking at the oil patch increasing on her designer suit.

'I'm waiting for an explanation,' Roger spoke in the deadly soft voice again.

'She__she came into my room,' Andy pointed to me.

I burst out crying and tried to brush past Roger but he stood like an iron wall and would not let me pass.

'Not so fast young lady, get back there now,' he pointed to a chair.

He tip toed over the oil slick and dragged a chair over for mom.

'Firstly the both of you are grounded for one week__'

'What! But that's not fair,' I yelled.

'But dad__' Andy tried to weasel his way out.

Another word and your allowances will be stopped for two months.

Andy just lowered his head, and twisted his fingers in front of his tummy.

'I'm sorry, may I go to my room now?' I got out in between my sobs.

'Not until I know the cause of the irresponsible behaviour that almost caused your mom to break her leg,' Roger raised his voice.

I lowered my head, as the tears silently flowed down my cheeks. It was not just Andy's pranks that made me cry. It was everything, my life, and Rafe, and mostly Rafe.

'I'm waiting,' Roger's voice raised another octave.

'It was all my fault,' Andy blurted. 'I wanted to play a trick on Katy, so I stuck tooth paste on her phone. I knew she'd come after me, so I plastered oil on the floor.'