Poverty and Rolls Royces

Ruby Red
We cruised down the street in his car.
The smell of his expensive cologne filled the car along with the powerful aura he gave off.
Neither of us spoke a word.
I'm to afraid to say anything to him so I decide to stare out the window noticing things I never would have on my bike.

Things like the little blue mail box on the corner of Wolf street and the red fire hydrant standing next to it. They really need to retouch the paint on that stop sign.

Things like the various clothing stores and the chain restaurants crowding the area. Mainly McDonald's and Burger Kings litter the streets.
I'm intrigued by how just one block can take you from the rich inner city to the grimy hood.
My grimy hood where I was born and raised, I'm from the hood. Past, present but hopefully not future.

I glance over at Mr. Azzur- wait Luciano to see how his face would look once he got a glimpse of my lifestyle.

To my surprise he wasn't looking out the window in disgust but at me with a weird glint in his eyes.

If I was bright I would be blushing from the intensity in his stare and the fact that he still hasn't looked away.

The flirty side of me wants to ask him if he like what he sees, but then I remember that I'm a mouse compared to him a "lion".
" Is everything ok Luciano?" I ask worried and nervous under his gaze.

"Everything is fine I am just wondering why I never saw you before."

"Maybe because your not from my side of town." I answer jokingly
After that sentence I knew I fucked up...

" How do you know where I live or how I live. You don't know me or my story so I would suggest you stop making accusations before I get upset baby." he said in a short clipped tone and judging by the pulsing vein in his neck I think if he got any angrier he would explode and hit me.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you" I said to him with tears forming in my eyes
"Why are you crying? Don't cry bambina." His softened his face and his tone.
"I'm not crying." As soon as the lie left my lips the tears burst out of eyes like water leaving a damn. I turned my head towards the window so he wouldn't get pissed. My dad and foster parents always beat me when I cried.
" Turn around Ruby" he demanded
I couldn't So I just stayed frozen in my seat.

Luciano...

Merda!

Why is she crying?

I don't want to be the reason she's upset.

Damn my heart is breaking for a girl I don't even know. I shouldn't care but I do.
I wouldn't have been so cold it's just that I don't like to be judged.

I came to this country at eleven years old with my mother, her husband and their kids. None of us had much ,but if we were to compare I had the least just one small suitcase with about two outfits and one pair of damaged shoes.

I was the black sheep of my family the kid you could abuse physically and then boss around.

I knew that wasn't how I wanted to live so I worked my way up in society. By the time I was 14 I was in the tenth grade, working, and renting out an apartment in one of the worse neighborhoods in Harlem.

I had to go through so much to get where I am in life. I have over 200 hundred bodies on my sheet. I've sold so much snow my heart is internally white.

All the hours I put into school barely sleeping just to maintain my academic scholarship. I graduated from high school at 16 and recieved my Doctorial degree in Economics 10 years later. I built my empire single handedly nothing was given to me.

Shit I should be the one crying.

Authors Note........
I know this chapter was short I was a tease😉 wink wink