Sabrina grins at him, scuttling back into the living room wordlessly.

One rock flies in the open window, landing on the wooden floor with a thump.

Conrad sits up in bed, the noise startling her out of the light doze she had finally fallen into after an hour of tossing and turning. She found it difficult to sleep without Carlos.

She glances at Sabrina, who looks completely unconscious beside her.

Conrad hesitantly slides out from under the sheets, her bare feet hitting the floor.

She quickly slides them into her slippers as she prowls towards the window. She's half asleep, but she makes no noise as she moves towards the far side of the room.

Another rock enters the room, this time breaking the window.

The shattering noise wakes Sabrina up, and her mouth opens.

Before she can speak, Conrad dives onto the bed to slap a hand over her mouth, shaking her head.

Don't speak. I don't know what's happening, Conrad informs her honestly.

Dad, Conrad yells through the mindlink to her father. He immediately wakes up.

What's wrong?, Silas asks, waking Barbara up gently.

I think something's happening, Conrad warns him.

With the baby?, Silas panics, and Conrad can hear him clambering out of bed.

No. I think the house is being surrounded, Conrad nervously voices.

Sabrina slips out of bed, putting her feet into her slippers too.

Do you want me to look out the window?, Sabrina asks, looking up at Conrad with wide eyes.

No. Stay on the bed, even if you're not in it. I'm going to check again, but don't make any noise, Conrad offers her a small smile, removing her hand from Sabrina's mouth.

She had forgotten she had put it there, and Sabrina wasn't about to remove it herself.

Conrad tip-toes from the bed to the window, peeking out the side of it.

Sure enough, a man is standing about six feet apart from another one. As she looks from another angle, she can see another man a further six feet apart.

Surrounded from the back, Conrad immediately reports to her father.

From here, too, Silas quickly replies.

Where are the guards?, Silas asks, and Conrad is at a loss.

She has no answer, but opts to link Carlos.

Where are the guards?, she asks Carlos nervously.

They should be there. I was about to check in with you because they're not responding. Is something wrong?, he questions urgently.

Okay, so something might be wrong. I think the guards might be dead, because rogues are circling the house, Conrad cringes, creeping back to Sabrina.

I'm on my way, Carlos responds gravely.

Stay where you are. So help me Goddess if you move, I'll put you back into that bed myself, Conrad warns him aggressively, taking Sabrina's hand.

I'm not leaving you there defenceless, he reasons, and Conrad can feel a cold smile spread across her face.

Oh, we're not defenceless, Conrad replies, cutting the link.