Chapter 13 A Ferocious Adversary

Start from the beginning

Diana entered the living room from the kitchen with her cell phone in her right hand.

"Do you guys know where Sam is?" She inquired

"Nope, I thought he was at work," replied Harrison.

"Unfortunately, Jonathan called the company, and they said he was not there. Then, we called him dozens of times, and he still didn't respond," replied Diana.

The three momentarily turned their attention to the screen and watched. Sometime later, Dan came up with a suggestion, "Honestly, I think that we should go out there and kick some alien butt."

The two looked at him with a dumbfounded expression.

"Did you lose a couple of screws when I kicked ya ass?" Diana inquired with her arms placed on her hips.

"First of all, you didn't kick my ass. I kicked your ass. Secondly, sweetheart, if there had to be someone who lost a couple of screws, that would be you." he pointed at her.

She rolled her eyes while he continued speaking, "And don't you forget, we have godlike abilities... We're gonna give these aliens a run for their money."

"Okay, smart guy, even if we agree, I doubt Sam would approve," Harrison said.

Immediately, his wide grin contorted into a stern expression. He glared at Harrison and said, "Why? Is it because he's rich?"

"You gotta stop living life with a chip on your shoulder, dude," replied Diana as she shook her head.

His face lit up even more, like a time bomb ready to rig. He clenched his teeth and growled. Then, he pointed at her and raised his voice, "Sam's not the boss of us. We are the strongest beings on this planet. If you two wusses wanna hide behind his back, you're more than welcome. As for me, I am amped up for a fight!!!"

"He kinda has a point," Diana replied as she looked at Harrison.

"Okay, but there's one problem; I can't fight," replied Harrison.

"You can't be serious right now. Didn't you give Gordon a hard time when you duked it out with him?" Dan inquired.

"Well, that was just pure luck, I guess," he replied with a shrug.

"Nah, that's just a random ass excuse. I'm sure that you'll get the hang of it."

"You know, for an adult. You give horrible advice," Harrison said while he held his chin.

**********

Chaos rampant across the district of Midtown, screams harrowing all around, accompanied by a set of wavering hands. A collision occurred as a fleet of cars dashed into each other with unstoppable speed.

From the sky, three space pods descended toward the city's grounds. The thrusters exerted a tremendous gale, circling a small portion of the spot on the tar the ships would soon land on. When the pods anchored the ground, the thrusters were turned off. The rear-ramp doors descended as a group of soldiers marched out with plasma canons latched into their hands. They donned black and silver space armor.

Meanwhile, sirens filled the streets with ear-piercing bellows as a fleet of police cars stormed the streets with incredible pursuit. The fleet of police cars pulled up in front of the spacecraft. Soon after, a group of police officers burst out of their vehicles and stood behind them, aiming their guns at the space soldiers. Lieutenant Gable Chadson moved forward; he positioned a speaker only a few millimeters from his mouth and gave an order.

"My name is Lieutenant Gable Chadson. Although we may not have met before, we are the police force. Kindly, please cooperate with us peacefully to avoid any unwanted confrontation."