1.7 | away from home

Start from the beginning

Sunghoon sighed , "I think that's him,"

"This is the rough sketch of the suspect face . If you see him please do not engage and report to the nearest police station," the reporter added

"It is that jerk . We need to report it Hyejin, see it's serious! You could have been in trouble," sunghoon said sternly already finishing his ramen and put down his chopsticks , making a clink noise on the table.

"Hm I don't know..."

Sunghoon was still confused with hyejin's words . What's wrong with her , he thought to himself . "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

I shook my head . He rolled his eyes , felt very annoyed that I'm not telling him what's wrong.

"Okay fine , let's sleep now if you're done eating," he stood up and i watched him as he went inside his bedroom.

"Wait where should i sleep?!"

"On the floor,"

"No way! It's woody and unclean! Im not going to sleep there." I said , crossing my hands while looking around for maybe a couch but there is none too , only sunghoon's bed available and plus the floor.

"You take the floor i take the bed," i said rushing into his bedroom and sitting on the end of it.

He walked to me "Im the owner of this place hyejin , the bed is mine," he said pushing me away .

"Oh is this how you treat a guest??"

"Yeah why? Don't like it?" He said , moving closer , his face only an inch from mine .

I blinked nervously, gulping my saliva .

"Bed is mine," he said again while i stared at his doe eyes.

I snapped out of reality and looked away , "You sleep on the right , im on the left" I said , still didn't want to sleep on the floor.

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

We went to the side of the bed we decided on . I took the blanket first not letting him using the same blanket together. I heard him groaned and we faced the opposite direction not wanting to look at each other.

A silence broke out..

I didn't know what to do besides blinking a couple of times. The distinct sound of the fan fills the room.

I'm sleeping on another guy's bed ..... I think Hyungsik was right maybe im really a whore....

Sunghoon suddenly broke the silence, "Hyejin are you asleep?" he asked . I said no quietly but enough for him to hear.

He shifted facing me , "Do you want to talk about it? You're hiding something , you can trust me Hyejin"

I slowly faced him ...

He had his hands under the pillow and the other hand under his cheeks . Our eyes met , making me lost in his beautiful brown eyes. His features that are very captivating caught my eyes .Park Sunghoon you're mad.

I opened my mouth , not saying anything first.

"Im not preassuring you though," he said

"Its okay it's okay.... I can," i took a deep breath . "The thing is...."

"I can't engage myself with anything that involves the law," i said.

"Why?"

"I'm scared ...."  , his eyebrows furrowed as i said that.

"I'm scared to meet my brother again,"

૮꒰˵• ﻌ •˵꒱ა———

The next day...

"Choi Hyejin?"

The police officer confirmed my name as he went through my identification paper . Sunghoon insisted on keeping the situation to ourselves so he told me that this situation is serious and could be dangerous to others too . I understand, we don't want another innocent girl to be a victim .

Maybe it's time.

"Aren't you?-" the officer hesitated to say.

"Yes..." i paused a little bit

"Yes , Im the younger sister of the famous prosecutor in the country,"

The officer face perks up.

"Sister of Choi Yeonjun," i added , putting on a small smile.

With that , the police turned around and started dialing numbers . He took a quick look at me again and talk something that I can't hear clearly on the phone.

I sighed.

Couple of minutes waiting later , i heard someone running , just like how I predicted. I turned around and saw him , my brother. I stood up when he appears, smiled kind of awkwardly and bowed .

"Hi brother,"

The police station started to filled with murmurs.

He was dashing... with his long coat and expensive clothes and accessories . He is indeed a successful prosecutor .

He was panting and was unable to say anything . Yeonjun looked at me with worry and angry plastered all over his face . I grinned , preparing myself to get yelled at .

But instead he hugged me making my eyes widened at the action .

"Where have you been.... I miss you," he said almost sobbing and i was stunned and eventually started getting teary-eyed .

Yeonjun tighten the hug and patted me at the back. His actions was very different from the one that i knew last time.

"Im sorry for leaving," i said , my voice cracking because I can't seem to hold on the tears.

"S-sorry" i started to cry and buried my face to his shoulders.

The untold story of how an independent girl ran away from her house , away from her only family that she had , her brother, is finally unveiled .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬