Adapting

'P.B walked out into the royal kitchen with a yawn, she was still wearing her loose and messy sleep wear'

'The princess looked as if she were about to fall over, suffice to say she was not a morning person'

'P.B came to a stop as she rubbed her eyes, a small but confused grin crossing her face'

"What's all this??" 'P.B asked in a drowsy voice'

'She had found Axel standing in the kitchen. The dining table had been set'

'The table was filled with breakfast items, candy and drinks. The kitchen itself had a bit of a mess'

'Axel was also covered in a fair bit of a mess, he had flour and small shards of egg shell stuck to him'

'Axel let out a light hearted mechanical chirp esc sound as he turned to face P.B'

"How did you learn to do all of this?" 'P.B asked curiously'

'Axel held up a cook book that was still in pristine condition, almost as if he had avoided making it messy'

'As P.B took a step forward, Axel leaned over the counter. Using his reach to pull out a chair'

'Axel pointed to the chair with an excited bleep. His eyes flickering slightly'

'P.B sat down with a curious smile, Axel pouring her a glass of orange juice as she scooted forward'

'He had not only made breakfast. But he seemed to have mentally progressed a great deal over night'

'He was no longer stomping around, instead he was taking softer steps, his movements were smoother and he had even begun to vocalize his immediate mood'

'Axel patiently waited as he stood next to P.B, who after taking a sip of her orange juice tried a bite of the food in front of her'

'Upon taking a bite of the food. P.B's eyes shot open in surprise, turning to Axel'

"How did you learn to make food this good in one night?!" P.B asked in Astonishment, earning a shrug from Axel'

'After a moment Axel shyly let out a soft beep as a question mark appeared in his eyes'

'P.B smiled softly before wiping her mouth with a napkin. Promptly standing up after'

"It's great bud. Thank you" 'P.B said with a chuckle as she hugged Axel'

'Axel froze for a second as he tilted his head, looking at the much shorter woman'

'The princess jumped as she felt Axel return the gesture. Expecting a crushing feeling to envelope her'

'However it never came. Much to her surprise Axel was holding her rather gently'

'Axel gently held the princess as he let out a soft robotic chirping noise from his chest'

'P.B was in a state of shock. Axel was adapting far faster than she anticipated'

'As he released his hold on the princess she blinked in recognition, looking up to him as he tilted his head'

"O-Oh im okay! Sorry just a little tired buddy" 'P.B explained calmly'

'P.B stopped for a second in thought, a look of realization crossing her face'

"Oh I know what we can do today!" 'The princess exclaimed, catching Axel's attention'

'In the city a gumdrop shapped candy citizen could be walking along a street, a smile on her face'

'The ground quaked as she stopped, causing her to look to her left'

'Down the road Princess Bubblegum was walking with Axel, carrying a bag in her hand'

"This is your home! You're the new prince of the candy kingdom!" 'P.B explained, earning a tilt from Axel's head'

"Which means you will need to look after these people, protect them"

"You know what protect means right?" 'P.B asked, earning a thoughtful expression from Axel'

"To keep from harm. Like when you burned your hand with acid. You need to keep the candy citizens from getting hurt" P.B explained as she came to a stop'

'Axel nodded his head in recognition, a smile crossing his face'

'Axel then looked to his hands, spinning them momentarily'

'That ground shook heavily as a shadow was cast over Axel, causing him to look up'

"Princess what is that?" 'A gumball guardian asked in confusion, earning a sigh from P.B'

"This is Axel, your new prince" 'P.B explained, her voice becoming more frustrated'

*To Be Continued*