Soft

"Could you hand me that vial please?" 'P.B asked curiously as she pointed to a vial with green liquid inside of it'

'Axel reached up to the vial, doing his best to gently pick it up'

'As he lowered his hand, the vial cracked before shattering, coating his clawed hand in the liquid'

'P.B let out an alarmed gasp as the liquid began to bubble and hiss. It was eating away the metal armor on Axel's hand'

"Axel! You have to be careful!" 'P.B said in concern, rushing over to Axel with a spray bottle in hand'

'P.B softly held the large robotic arm by the wrist, spraying the bottle on Axel's hand'

'The water like substance that the bottle held seemed to cancel out the chemical reaction, causing Axel to curiously rotate his hand'

"You've got to be careful" 'P.B said with a sigh, not seeming to notice the scolding tone in her voice'

'Axel tilted his head as the princess looked over his hand'

"You dont....understand do you?" 'P.B asked in realization'

'P.B sighed to herself as she look at Axel. Her head was swimming'

'She always had a tendancy to forget that not everyone ran on her speed. Let alone the robot in front of her'

'She wasn't even sure if Axel could feel feelings, he was a robot afterall. But it was clear he was sentient'

'If anything he was extremely child like, innocent in a way. He didn't understand pain, he likely didn't feel it'

'P.B knew how dangerous Axel was, she was fully aware of it. He could crush her if he wanted too'

'Though depsite this he seemed to be quite gentle with her, or at least he tried'

'From the programming she had seen when rooting through his system files, P.B learned he was originally designed for combat. Likely during the great mushroom war'

'But he never got to see it, the people that created him couldn't find enough elemental resource to power him'

'Somehow, through being powered on he gained sentience. And now the princess had to deal with that'

"What am I going to do with you?" 'P.B asked herself as she tilted her head, a soft tone creeping into her voice'

'Axel crouched down on to his knees in front of the princess, tilting his head curiously'

"I'm not the one who made you, why are you following my orders?" 'P.B asked in confusion, earning an equally confused expression from Axel'

'Axel simply rested his chin on P.B's head, her confused expression only deeping'

'As time passed. A quiet static sound started to come from Axel'

'P.B leaned back to look up at Axel, a small sympathetic smile crossing her face'

'The robot was obviously trying to speak, still not understanding how to use his vocal modulator'

"Dont push yourself. You'll get it eventually" 'P.B reassured, gently ruffling Axel's carbon fiber like hair'

'Axel's white glowing dot like eyes seemed to widen slightly, the glow of his eyes intensifying'

"What's going on in that processor of yours?" 'P.B asked with a chuckle'

'Axel softly took P.B's hand into his own, looking it over'

'He curiously poked her hand, indenting her gum skin for a moment before it filled back out'

"You're adorable" 'P.B said with a chuckle, gently placing a hand on the side of Axel's face'

'Axel relaxed his head slightly, leaning into the Princess's touch'

*To Be Continued*