Chapter 77: The Kage Summit

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure about that?" A voice asked from the entrance of the hall. The six leaders and the 12 shinobi turned to see the Orange-Masked Akatsuki member. 
'How did he pass through the security?' Was everyone's thoughts. But Akira realised. 'Transportation through Kamui of the Mangekyo. Obito, that show off! Old habits die hard.' She thought.

The seated leaders now stood up, facing the enemy who now stood where Mifune once sat, their shinobi stepping before them to form a defensive barrier.

"Who are you?" Ay asked. "Uchiha Madara." Obito replied as he thought, 'That fool Naruto might not have shared his predictions. Of course I didn't confirm them, but still.'

"You are supposed to be six feet underground." Mei accused. "Ah yes, I am supposed to be. But here I am." Obito replied with disinterest.

Mifune raised his hand to call the other samurai standing outside, but was interrupted by Obito. "I've not come here to fight. Not yet. I've come to put a proposition. But before I do so, I have something I want to explain you all. Once you comprehend it, I will put forward my offer." 

"What is it?" Ay growled. "It's about my plan- Project Tsuki no Me (Eye of the Moon)." Obito replied before he narrowly dodged Ay's punch that landed on the wall behind, causing it to break and fall into pieces. "Nothing planned by the Akatsuki is going to be good. Who knows what catastrophe you might bring." Ay said.

'Not the Akatsuki, but nothing planned by this puppeteer of an Uchiha is going to be good.' Akira wanted to correct him.

"If you want answers, you would do good to listen to me. My next steps will  depend on your answers. Listen and choose carefully." Obito replied. Ohnoki intervened, "Calm down, Raikage. Let's hear him out."

Obito jumped to a platform away from his audience. "Now then, are you ready to listen?" Gaara interrupted. "What do you want with the Gokage exactly? Why come all the way to the summit?" Obito tilted his head. "Hmm? I was intending on weakening the Gokage using Shiro Zetsu (White Zetsu) and take them as hostage." His eye(s) narrowed (though not visible to the others), as he scanned through the audience. 

Akira wanted to smirk badly, but refrained when Daisuke tugged her, knowing exactly what was running through her mind. The two of them had killed a small battalion of White Zetsu before entering the meting. Kurama had oh-so-kindly pointed out their presences by telling her to enter the Biju mode for a moment.

Obito continued, "It seems that is not possible." Mei asked, "Hostage? What for?" "To smoothly implement the aforementioned Project Tsuki no Me." He replied. Ohnoki expressed his doubts, "It's quite shocking to learn that the Uchiha Madara is still alive. But why would a man of your calibre resort to such a roundabout method?" Akira repressed another smirk.

Obito shrugged. "I am not the same shinobi I used to be. The battle with Hashirama had weakened me greatly. I am merely a shell of my former self." Cee, who had attended as Ay's bodyguard along with Darui, asked, "Is this a plan to restore yourself?" Obito gave a non- committal shrug. "You could say that. But that's not all."

'For Kami's sake, stop stalling!' Akira wanted to yell, but Mifune did the job, albeit more politely and peacefully. "What is this scheme of yours?" Obito replied, "Let me sit down. I want to take my time talking to you."

Many more happy returns of the day to a sweet girl, a fangirl, a 'half-Jinchuuriki', a sweet boy's sweetheart: