Chapter 77: The Kage Summit

Start from the beginning

The ANBU would hear the next day that Raidou or ANBU Owl would be taking a leave of minimum two days. Being covered from head to toe in rainbow colours would be the least of his worries. His limbs would be exhausted from excessive training. Being the kind Assistant Commander, she didn't injure him because 'What if Konoha is under a sudden attack ' among other reasons. However, She would have a talk with Itachi. Raidou was, after all, a member of his usual team.

.

It was decided that Naruto would attend in disguise along with Jaguar or Daisuke. Arata, their third teammate had refused for many reasons, one being nervousness and anxiety. His two teammates laughed at his expense. Kazuhiko's team had been the best team in ANBU and even among the other shinobi, before the captain had been promoted. Even then, the trio were excellent. Too bad only two were allowed to tag with the Hokage. 

The Uchihas would have been chosen if not for their stoic faces (cough) Itachi (cough). Shisui and Itachi were also known for their expertise in the Sharingan. Shisui had a rare ability of his Mangekyou Sharingan- Koto Amatsukami, a technique that would allow him to manipulate the mind of the victim and the victim wouldn't even realise it. He would obviously not be a good choice.

Konoha would need to show that they are strong, but should not be too intimidating. Hence most people from clan origins were ruled out. Naruto wanted to attend but her presence can bias the decisions. Hence the disguise. Appropriate replies were sent to the villages by the fastest birds.

.

The next day, the trio of Akira, Tsunade and Daisuke headed off to the Land of Iron. The journey was would take a minimum of a day and a half if travelled at top speeds. With their pace, they reached in two days and a half. It was night when the Gokage (Five Kage) Summit commenced. The five Kage had taken a seat at the round table that was headed by Mifune. Each leader had two attendants behind them.

"I am Mifune, the coordinator of the summit of the leaders of the five great villages, Konoha, Suna, Iwa, Kumo and Kiri, who have gathered here at the request of the Hokage of Konoha. Let the discussion begin!" Mifune declared.

Tsunade started, "The Akatsuki has become a problem. Though some of its prominent members have been eliminated, there are greater threats."
Ohnoki interrupted her. "However, Slug Princess, I have heard that the leader himself had attacked your village and nearly destroyed it, before being killed by a supposed hero."

Tsunade was irked at the old man's attitude. "Yes, it was believed that he was the leader, until the true leader showed up recently and attacked Konoha's Jinchuriki. He declared that he had been pulling strings from behind all along."
Gaara asked, "Has the Jinchuriki been taken?"
"No, he is safe. But the leader escaped."

Ay said, "Your shinobi has taken care of the puppet leader. Why do you deem the true leader a threat worth calling the help of the five elemental nations?"

Tsunade's face turned solemn. "Because he claims the involvement of Uchiha Madara." The others froze at that, their expressions a mix of horror and disbelief. Ohnoki looked grave. He had faced the legendary Uchiha who had scared him so much that he had changed for the worse for a long time.

Mei spoke up, "But that's impossible. Uchiha Madara has been dead for a long time."
Ohnoki steeled himself. "This is Uchiha Madara we are talking about. The legendary warrior of the warring era with almost ungodly power, only second to Senju Hashirama who had died only because of a disease. Madara must be immortal."

Naruto/Akira frowned slightly at the depressing mood, but stood silent. Ay spoke up. "But how can that be possible? The man was declared dead for around 70 years."