He grinned.

"You're so annoying." She muttered. They kept on walking, her hand in his.

"Why did you save me! You're an Eidiko too right? You must be having anger on me, a human?"

"I don't have and that's what is keeping you alive so you should be satisfied with it. And I'm not an Eidiko."

She stopped, "you're not an Eidiko? You're a human?" Her eyes widening at him.

"Did I say so? I'm neither an Eidiko or human."

"So what are you?" She asked.

"Descendant of Potere Spiritus. I'm neither human not Eidiko. It's hard to explain."

"What-" she pulled her hand to herself he frowned, "you're an- you're so..." she shuttered.

He looked at her with a straight face.

"What's wrong if I'm a Spiritus' descendant?"

"Nothing, I just feel like I'm dreaming... Is this true."

"You just touched me. I didn't disappear." He replied.

She looked around, "this can't be-"

"It's true, now give me your hand or I'm not taking you to the lake." He said.

"Was that a threat?" She asked with a pout.

"No, not meant to be."

She gave her hand to him.

"Thank you." He said and they started walking ahead.

"And why do you keep breaking rules?" She asked.

"You're very curious, aren't you?" He smirked.

"Landed here because of that so..." She couldn't help but chuckle at her stupidity.

"I like breaking rules. What's the fun in following rules?" He told her, "and I never get punished. Just warnings so why not?"

"Yeah... But why only warnings?"

"They need me. I'm a spirit. The monarch isn't."

"Oh."

As they walked a little more further, the dark forest had started to be more bright and she saw a butterfly,

"It's so pretty!" She exclaimed as she saw the butterfly.

"But don't touch her, she won't like it." He warned as she saw Iseul trying to catch the butterfly.

"Okay..."

And they reached the lake.
The lake was in between the forest and the hills and the sky above it was full of light. Even if there was immense sunlight, the surroundings felt cool.

"This- how did the conditions change so early... The forest was so dark, marshy..." Iseul found the scene so magnificent that she wasn't able to describe it.

"Because it's not Earth. Anything can happen here." He replied.

There were butterflies, and the water of the lake was as clear as a diamond the small fishes were easily visible and also there was a belt of beautiful flowers.

"Now you can say the incantation by seeing your reflection in the lake water." He said but she was busy looking at the butterflies.

"Haven't you ever seen butterflies in your world?" He laughed.

"I have but-- they're so beautiful, more beautiful than the ones I've seen in my world." She said, her eyes following that one butterfly but it was flying away from her moment by moment. He was standing by her side, he smiled and in a moment, he was standing a few metres away from her with the butterfly resting fondly on his palm.

Iseul was taken aback, he was way too fast and butterfly was so comfortable on his palm.

"How you- she isn't flying away." Asked a shocked Iseul.

"They can understand me just like I can. I asked kindly asked her to rest on my palm so she is."

"Will she-- can I come closer to her. She won't fly away?" She asked like a child.

"No, she won't, you can come closer.." he winked.

"She's so pretty." Iseul started flattering the butterfly, her eyes shined like that of a kid's on Christmas.

"It would be fun to be able to understand them right?" She asked him.

"You think so! These little flies are vey demanding!" He rolled his eyes.

"C'mon they are so pretty!"

"You're now insincerely pumping her confidence, she'll turn very egoistic this way." He said

"No, I mean it."

"Now you're just corrupting my people." The butterfly flew away.

"She--"

"I asked her to. You don't wanna go back?"

Then reality hit Iseul back, "yeah I have to."

She walked to the lake and looked at her reflection and she was about to say the magical words when turned. He was still looking at her.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Why do you want to know?"

"Whom will I thank for helping me find my way out?"

"No, I don't need your thank."

"Oh! Why are you so annoying? I want to know your name!" She sighed but then looked up to him smilingly, "Hi! Nice to meet you, my name is Iseul, yours?"

She held out her hand for him. He finds her hands warm and will never deny an offer to hold them, she got to know this quirk of him.

He shook his head and took her hand in his, "Hey Iseul, you can either call me Hyuka or Kai."

"Bye, Hyuka!" She looked back at the lake and said the incantation and her hand slipper away from his, again coldness for him.

As she was about to be gone, he said, "Will I see you again?" But she didn't hear it as she was gone and so was her warmth...

_____________________________________

It's Hyuka!!!! It's our Kai, the 🐧

Thank you for reading!

Take care, all the love

- Ishu