Yeji and I went to the left side of the car and we crouched while looking around trying to find the man who was chasing us.

"Is he there?" I asked while crouching besides Yeji.

Yeji's head was peeking out. I find it a little cute the way Yeji's eyes looked left and right. "Nope." She said.

I let out a sigh of relief. "That's good. He probably gave up. Let's go."

I tried to stand up, but Yeji suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me down.

"He's right there." Yeji pointed at a certain direction with her eyes and she looked away and sat down on the ground.

I sat down besides Yeji. "If he catches us, we will definitely get in trouble.

Yeji chuckled at me. "I know."

I carefully sat closer to Yeji and I leaned on the car. I looked at Yeji. "Is he still there?" I asked out of curiosity.

Yeji took a peek, but she immediately went down.

"He's still there. What'll we do?" Yeji suddenly faced me that caught me off guard.

Our noses touched.

Our lips were inches away from each other. One push and we will end up kissing. I looked at her eyes and I noticed the panic in her eyes. I compressed my lips and I slowly pulled my face away.

Yeji chuckled awkwardly. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I said and smiled at her.

I held Yeji's wrist and said, "Let's go. Our teacher is probably gone." I slowly stood up while looking around.

Yeji carefully stood up and did the same by looking around. "He's gone. Finally." Yeji let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm right here." Someone with a deep voice suddenly spoke behind us that made the two of us jump in fear.

Yeji and I looked at the person behind us and our eyes widened at who our eyes met.

It was our teacher.

"W-we can explain." I said and forced a smile at the man.

Our teacher grabbed Yeji's left ear with his left hand and he grabbed my right ear with his right hand.

Yeji and I winced in pain as he was tightly holding our sensitive ear.

"You two are going back to school!" He yelled.

--

"What a fun day." I said to myself while walking around in circles in our empty classroom.

My classmates are outside having fun, sharing stories with each other, playing sports, and eating.

While Yeji is in the principal's room explaining everything to the principal.

I held my head as the stinging pain came back.

I was hit with a ruler by our teacher. Yeji, on the other hand, didn't get in trouble. I thought of an excuse for her. I told them that Yeji went to the hospital and they all asked why.

It means that I am the only person in the school who knows that Yeji is suffering from cancer.

Suddenly, someone entered the room that made me stop walking.

It was Yeji's friends, Lia and Chaeryeong.

One of their eyebrows were raised and their arms were crossed. They walked towards me while showing off a bossy attitude.

"What?" I said. "What is your probl-"

I was cut off when Lia suddenly dashed towards me and aggressively grabbed my collar. She was fueled up with anger. I didn't know why.

"You!" Lia yelled.

"What?" I asked again.

Lia tightly held my collar. "What is a troublemaker like you doing with Yeji? do you have feelings for her or something?" She asked.

I shook my head in a slow manner. "No. What makes you say that?" I chuckled.

"Lia, stop." Chaeryeong said.

Lia gritted her teeth and let go of my collar. "Why is she hanging out with a person who likes to bully and cause trouble?"

I fixed my collar. "I don't know."

"Don't hurt her." Lia said.

I sighed while looking at Lia. "I won't."

Lia glared at me with her scary eyes. "I know who you are, Shin Ryujin. Let me guess, you are going to seduce our best friend and break up with her!"

I crossed my arms as I felt a little offended with what Lia said. If I was in a bad mood, I would've beat the living hell out of this girl. "I'm not that kind of pers-"

"Sure. I believe you." She scoffed. "I remember when Yeji broke up with her boyfriend. She cried so much! everytime she thinks about her ex-boyfriend, her eyes will release an entire ocean!"

Chaeryeong held the angry girl. "Lia, let's go." She whispered.

The two walked away from me and left me confused.

I slowly faced the floor and I let out a small smile. "I will never hurt you, Yeji."