Chapter 12: Birth

Začít od začátku

Izuku stared at them, shock and fear still on his face. He didn't move.

"Dammit, Deku!" Katsuki snapped before another contraction hit him. This time, he had the presence of mind to grit his teeth against the rising scream. "Fuck, get over here! Why does this fucking hurt so much? I thought contractions weren't supposed to be bad at first!"

Izuku stripped to his boxers and climbed into the bed with him, leaving his hero uniform in a crumpled heap on the floor. He pressed into Katsuki's side and his tear-stained face into his hair.

"Yes, well, this is just the beginning, Ground Zero," the doctor said as her hands grew almost uncomfortably warm on his skin. She started at his throat and moved down. "But it's only so bad because of your injuries. It won't be as bad for awhile after I'm done. Now, take as deep a breath as you can."

Katsuki inhaled shakily, just a shallow inhale, and gripped Izuku's hand tightly. He could feel something in his right lung knitting back together, and it immediately became easier to breath. As she reached his ribs though, there was an audible 'crack'. He grunted, biting into his lip. Copper and salt burst across his tongue. Compared to the contractions though, it was barely a mosquito bite.

"You're a tough one. Any other person would have passed out." The warmth grew more comfortable, and the heart monitor slowed to a more normal rhythm.

"Don't look down on me," Katsuki snarled passed his teeth.

Izuku carded his fingers through his hair, chest rumbling gently.

The doctor's smile never wavered. Several minutes later, she pulled back. "Well, looks like you didn't have any internal bleeding, luckily. Okay, let's get you into a birthing room." She nodded towards the nurses that had stepped back, and they swarmed the bed.

.....

Several hours later, they were still in the birthing room. Katsuki's thoughts were pleasantly fuzzy thanks to the epidural they'd shot him up with as soon as they'd gotten into the birthing room. Izuku was passed out at his side, mouth wide and drooling, and he took the chance to unashamedly start scenting the idiot.

There was a moment before Izuku sleepily started to blink, and then he was crying again. "Oh god, Kacchan, I'm so thankful you're okay. I don't- I wouldn't have- Without you- I should have made you stay out of the battle. I'm a terrible alpha!"

Katsuki smiled through the drugs, too fucked up to get angry. He gripped Izuku's jaw until his cheeks squished. He laughed at the absolutely ridiculous expression. "Let's be real, you wouldn't have been able to keep me back anyway. And no one was expecting there to be a battle, dumby. I'm stubborn, remember, and so it this little monster in me. They're the strongest of the three of us."

"But what if-" Izuku squeaked out through his squashed mouth.

Katsuki's grip tightened minimally. "No. Stop. I'm fine. They're fine. Stop thinking about the 'what ifs' and be fucking grateful. Neither of us thought I'd get hit in a fight that wasn't supposed to happen, so just shut up and kiss me."

Izuku pressed forward enthusiastically, and they made out for several blissful moments before the door cracked out.

Izuku was out of the bed and on his feet immediately, crouching low and defensively in front of the bed as Katsuki's own growl joined his.

Aizawa stepped in looking unimpressed. "Chill out, you two, I'm not the enemy," he said with a roll of his eyes, "We have a lot to talk about, and there's some idiots behind me who are very eager to check on you."

Katsuki's ears pricked as he picked out the tell-tale hiccups of his best friend. Before he could stop his drug addled brain, he said, "Let him in."