Chapter Four : "No Safety."

"No Safety."
Chapter Four.
TW - Self Harm

Julia hadn't bothered in talking with Dean or Donatello despite their persistent need to scold the two, Dean quickly gave up, and went to sleep

Julia hadn't bothered in talking with Dean or Donatello despite their persistent need to scold the two, Dean quickly gave up, and went to sleep. Everything was quiet, Jack fell asleep within minutes of hitting the motel bed, too exhausted to mouth another word.

Julia let out a yawn, the effects of sleep deprivation taking place. She was begging to regret staying up for as long as she did. She avoided Dean like it was her sole mission on earth, instead choosing to stay with the only person she felt safe around. Jack. He'd been awake for some time, he looked just as bored as she did.

But that wasn't what was important, Julia kept a confused frown on her face. She'd been puzzled for what felt like hours now, Donatello. He was somehow different from the night before, calmer, all knowing and desperate to help them. She couldn't focus on anything else, Dean was once her concern but after that conversation her focus quickly shifted. She remembered how odd it was.

Her thoughts are quickly interrupted by the sound of a door opening and shutting. She felt a shiver go down her back, a new feeling spread across her like a bad headache. Donatello walked in rather confidently, his entire demeanor so different from the man they met just hours ago. Julia narrowed her eyes sharply at him, so confused as to why he was acting so differently.

She glanced at her brother, hoping to see the same confusion. Her shoulders slumped at the sight, Jack was happy to see him, looked at him if everything was normal. "Hello." Jack greeted in a sweet tone, Julia felt sick watching the man come closer, the overwhelming feeling of needing to escape, fight, do anything was growing steadily.

"So, I was thinking we'd go and train." Donatello struggled to tame his ever-growing grin, everything was falling into place. Piece, by piece. He felt a rush of excitement and pride hit him, Jack's eyes shined brightly, he looked excited for a brief moment.

"No." Julia snapped, her voice was firm and raised. Donatello heard the slight panic coming from her, She linked her arm with Jack's almost like she was protecting him. Julia almost immediately realized how weird she sounded, "No, we're fine.." She steadied her shakey voice, giving the man a fake smile. Jack turned his head to stare at her, a frown appearing on his face, he looked at her almost asking what was the problem.

"If you want to get control, you need to practice." Donatello argued, his voice nothing like before. He was friendly, cheerful almost, his voice now sounding bitter at the word 'No'

"I said we're fine." Julia snapped, again, she let go of Jack, and stood from her seat. The room grew silent, but Julia remained calm somehow. "I think you need to leave." She glanced at the door, he was standing in the way, making sure they had no where to run if needed.

Donatello glared at her for a moment before letting out an amused chuckle. He rubbed his face, staring at her like she his newest form of entertainment. "I don't think that's an option." His voice was different, causing a sudden look of panic to spread across the girls face. "You have no idea how important you are to me, how valuable," His eyes shined, Julia swore they almost looked yellow for a brief moment. He continued his rant, "Why would I ever let you two slip out of my grasp?" He looked between them, awaiting an answer, Jack looked up at Julia, now just as confused as she was. She was at a loss for words, hardly understanding just what he wanted from them. Jack slowly stood, understanding something was very wrong.