Chapter 42 - The Party

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong Liam", Scott tried to get closer to him but he stumbled away from him.

"Don't you hear that?" Liam yelled in pain.

Lights shone through the windows, lighting up everyone's face. "Did you tell anyone about this?" Lydia asked.

"My friend Mason", Liam replied. That must've been the boy he was with earlier. "You said it was a party".

I wandered to the window, pulling down the shutter to see a bunch of people pulling up onto the drive. "Shit", I muttered under my breath. "There's a lot of people here. You need to take him to the boathouse, Malia and Stiles to to the basement, Lydia and I will sort everyone else out".

"How do you expect us to do that?" Lydia asked.

"You're Lydia and these people are here to have a party so let's have a party", I grinned enjoying this authority I had right now. Everyone went into motion, Kira and Scott dragged Liam out and Stiles and Malia left to go to the basement. I turned to Lydia. "Please tell me you have alcohol".

"This is a lake house, the only alcohol we have is wine", she patted down the clothes she was wearing. "Oh god I'm not even dressed for a party".

I held her shoulders. "Lydia we can do this, we have the easy job".

"If anything is broken or spilled we will be dead", she warned. She looked around the room. "You'll have to plug your phone into the speaker".

I nodded. I plugged my phone into the speaker and put on my recent playlist. Lydia opened the door greeting the guest. They quickly fanned out into the room or ran straight to the kitchen to rummage through her alcohol stash. I turned the lights on in the room, I can now see who was here. Mason, Liam's friend caught my glanced and strolled over to me. Crap, he was going to ask about Liam, I needed to take the reigns of this conversation. "Hey you're Mason right?"

"Yeah how did you know?" He smiled sweetly.

"Liam was talking about you, he's just gone to the bathroom at the minute he should be back down any minute. Actually I'll go and check on him". I left and disappeared into the crowd hoping I wouldn't see him again. I went into the kitchen, I had lost Lydia in the swarm of freshman.

"I might as well enjoy the party", I said to myself as I opened a bottle of wine that sat on the counter. I got a glass cup from one of the cupboard and poured the alcohol to the top of the glass. I accidentally tipped some onto the counter, I moved over to the kitchen roll, ripping a piece off. I went to talk back to my drink when I noticed someone in the living room. Alfie, his tall frame was easily noticeable, a freshman girl probably invited him. I glided back over to my drink, cleaning up the spillage in one swift movement and left to stand outside.

A few students had made their ways outside as well, they had only got here and they were already smoking. I stood away from the smoke, it always made me feel sick. There was a couple to the right of me that sat on the bench, the girl was sat on him and he was practically ducking her face. I had seen them around school, they were the definition of PDA.

After a while I become too cold so I found myself back in the kitchen, I leaned against the counter sipping on my wine. The alcohol hit the back of my throat and I winced in disgust, it wasn't my drink of choice but the only one we had... or I thought we had. My eyes wandered over to the boy who was sucking the girls face off, he was handing over money to a delivery guys who had placed a keg down.

"I didn't take you as the drinking type", Alfie slid over to me. For a second I had forgotten he was here.

"Go away Alfie". I gritted, I didn't have the patience to deal with him.