Pain, Breakdowns and Frustration

Anubhav was broken to see everyone in this condition. His strong sister weeping holding his hand on the wheelchair. Pushpa ji, his motherly figure who may taunt him endlessly was standing beside her, consoling his sister, with her own tear filled eyes which reflected his pain. Her inability to protect her child.

His eyes moved towards SS and CC who always chirped and laughed at the silliest things were crying for him. SS was more broken and CC had held her for consoling. Billu, to one he had always reprimanded was looking at him, aimless and hurt.

His heart sank and eyes were not courageous enough to see his love's condition. He was guilty for hiding about his health, the tragedy which happened 5 days before. She should be the first to whom he would have told but he knew she would be broken. His woman is strong but currently required him by her side. Words threatened to come out of his throat, seeing her figure, statue, like a living corpse only tears flowing.

"Haseena", with much courage he spoke , bringing everyone out of their reveiere. They were busy feeling their own pain.
KS tried to approach HM but she moved back, nudging her. Haseena's outburst was near but she wanted only him at the moment.

"Hum...inke...saath akele ....rehna chahte hai...", she spoke, taking in heavy breaths, slowly moving towards him. She held his wheelchair and new stream of tears made their way through her eyes. Never in her scariest dreams she would have thought of his condition like this. The one who picked her in his arms and twirled like an excited child when she excepted his proposal after denying once, the one who climbed up to her balcony for meeting her secretly at nights. The one who always won, when they raced in morning for warm up, the one who had fought endlessly for the nation ended on a wheelchair.

She moved to her Cabin and closed the doors behind. But her cries were heard then to eachone present outside. Listening to her hysterical cries, everyone was broken once again.

Inside she wanted to hug but feared giving him pain, she wanted to keep her head on his lap and cry her heart out.
He saw her, his tears too made their way. He stretched his legs to the sides of wheelchair with utmost pain, but created a space for her to keep her head. Anubhav gestured her through his left hand. She collapsed on her knees, this man maybe going through the most dreadful physical pain he ever experienced in his life, still understood the unsaid.
Haseena kept her head in between his legs, clutched his shirt and broke down.
Her sniveling turned into loud cries. He felt a lot broke inside him. He could not see even a tear in her eyes and now she was crying because of him. Heartbreaking. But he didn't want to stop her. He knew she would be standing strong in front of everyone. He started moving his hand on her forehead, indicating her to empty her heart.

________

Outside,
KS- amma! Ek ghanta ho gaya hai...ab tak bahar nahi aaye.

PJ- hum...hum dekhte hai..

She knocked the door but their was no response at first.
Inside HM has slept, tired of crying. AS had managed to handle her and compose himself too, but he wept again when he read her card from bouquet.

AS heard PJ'S voice.
"PJ....hum..hum theek hai...HJ abhi abhi shant hui hai...hum aa rahe hai", he replied to the loud banging by MPT members when he failed to answer, at first.

"Haseena", he called out gently, tapping her head with his left hand. She opened her eyes, in a hope that it was all false, a nightmare, a dream. But no, it was a harsh reality. Her eyes again brimmed with tears but he wiped by palm of his hand and kissed her forehead.

"Aapko humare saamne strong rehne ki zarurat nahi hai, priye.", he consoled her. "Aap humesha se hi humari takat rahi hai...aage bhi rahengi...par sab kuch apne andar mat sametna.." He added.