"You heard me right," I replied, irritated.

"Perfecto!" She smiled.

I furrowed my brows in incomprehension.

"That means I can shoot my shot, right?"

I shrugged. "Why don't you give it a try?"

"Really? I'm warning you for the last time, I'm going to do it and you're not going to hate me for it."

I chuckled at her threat. It was obvious she didn't know how complex Jawaad was. "I wish you all the luck in the world. In fact, I can help you get him if you want."

Wide-eyed, she asked, "Really?"

I smiled in response.

Just then, Jawaad alighted from his car and walked up to us—to me.

"Hi." His voice was low-pitched.

Still sulking? Hehe!

"Hi!" Walidah responded before I could; a huge smile plastered on her face. "How are you doing?"

Jawaad glanced at her but said nothing.

Nice one.

"Have you closed for the day?" He asked.

More than anyone else, I knew he was aware of my closing hour. He just wanted to start a conversation with me and didn't know how. "Yes."

"Your driver is not here yet?" He asked.

Obviously.

"No."

"Are you going to wait for him?"

"Yes."

"Why don't I give you a ride instead?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because he will be here soon. You can give her a ride." I pointed to Walidah. "I'm sure she's going to appreciate it."

"Yes." Walidah smiled, sheepishly. "My house is not far from here." 

For the second time, Jawaad ignored her. He didn't even spare her a glance this time around. His gaze was fixated on me.

I didn't expect otherwise from him, knowing how conceited he could be. It was the exact attitude he used to give me.

"We need to talk." He said to me. "Can you give me a few minutes of your time?"

Because I still felt bad about insulting him, I decided to give him a listening ear, but not so easy. I would have to make him work for it. "What do you want to talk to me about? I think we've already closed that chapter yesterday."

Walidah hummed.

I had forgotten about her presence. I looked at her.

"I should leave you two to talk... Bye, Manal, see you tomorrow."

"Bye." I waved a little, as she hurried off. I averted my gaze back to Jawaad. "She was talking to you and you ignored her. That was rude."

"What chapter are you talking about?" He raised a brow, cockily, ignoring what I had just said.

"I told you to leave me alone and you did," I stated as a matter of fact.

"I didn't leave to never return." He clarified. "I left because I wanted to give you space to breathe. I thought you'd need it because I felt I was choking you with my presence. But now I'm back."

I felt a thousand butterflies erupt in my stomach. He didn't leave because he was angry with me. He was considerate after all.

With a straight face, I asked, "Back to do what?"