'So the Alpha meeting is coming up in a month,' mentioned Isaac. While he was nervous about Tobias keeping something from him, he trusted that his lifelong friend would tell him whatever he was hiding soon enough. 'I can only imagine the conversations will be rife with rogue talk.'

Tobias looked relieved at the change of conversation, his body visibly relaxing. 'Yeah, no shit. What happened to Big Sky pack sounds like a bloody horror movie.'

Isaac swallowed roughly and looked out to the territory. When he'd heard the news of Big Sky being terrorised by rogues he had to admit it'd unsettled him deeply. The pack based in Broad Plains Region was almost as big as Moonlight Ridge and were known for their strong warriors. Yet the rogues had somehow gotten the upper hand, wiping out a large number of the pack – including the hierachy. The members who'd managed to flee were now homeless and injured. Thankfully, the werewolf community was one to band together in such horrible times and other packs had taken them in.

Isaac folded his arms across his chest tightly. 'Something's goin' on, Tobias. Trent was right, they're becoming smarter.'

His Beta shook his head, a frown set onto his face. 'But they had no idea they were coming. The patrol group detected a trespasser but not a rogue. There wasn't a trace of their revolting smell. Like they were any other wolf passing through.'

Isaac gritted his teeth, thinking of the mangy creatures being able to slip under the noses of well-trained wolves. 'They must be using something to mask their scent. Let's just hope we figure out what it is before there's more attacks. No doubt this is what we'll be talking about at the meeting.'

A slow grin itched its way onto Tobias' face. 'You gonna take Roxy? You know there'll be talk if you don't.'

Isaac gave an unimpressed growl, even though his friend was right. The Alpha meeting, which was held in the werewolf capital of the Snowy Peaks Region every three months, wasn't only for business talk but also for everyone to get the latest gossip. While he'd managed to keep the rejection a well-hidden secret, the news of Isaac Winters living with his soulmate had managed to spread like wildfire. If he turned up to the meeting without her when every other Alpha would be attending with their Luna no doubt questions and eyebrows would be raised. He wouldn't even know how to ask Roxy to come and would she even want to?

The ringing of his mobile in his pocket got him out of answering the impossible question. Tobias excused himself when Isaac answered the unknown call. A strange feeling filled his stomach when he rose the phone to his ear.

'Winters.'

The line was silent for a moment and Isaac was about to give the prank caller a piece of his mind until a gravelly voice spoke. It sounded like he was hiding, making sure no one could listen to what he was saying. 'Alpha Winters. I need you to meet me in town. I have valuable information.'

A warning growl rumbled through him and he clutched the phone in his hand tighter. 'Who the hell is this?'

'I can't say. Look, if you want to keep Roxy safe then you'll meet me at Martha's Café in half an hour. Place an order for a slice of apple pie and say you're waiting for a friend,' said the man's voice in a hushed tone.

Isaac's body was beginning to tremble, his muscles tensing. 'I'd be careful about threatening my soulmate if I were you.'

'Believe me when I say I want her safe as much as you. Please, just do as I say. Come alone.' The call ended.

Isaac stared at the phone screen in disbelief while his wolf clawed to escape inside him. Common sense told him to ignore it but how could he? The caller had said Roxy was in danger. Trap or not, he couldn't risk it. Stuffing his phone back into his pocket, he marched inside and grabbed his truck keys off the bench. He contemplated asking Tobias to come before deciding against it. He wasn't risking anything when Roxy was involved and if something did go wrong, he was Alpha fricking Winters. He could take on anything.