~ Chapter - 17 ~

(About the picture- Ilaria, Kevin and Alex.)

- K E V I N -

A small smile crept on my face watching Aria telling me about the apple pies she recently learned making from Mrs. Garcia. She looks so happy when she talks about them, her eyes sparkle. I was worried when I heard about them first. Aria is too bad at choosing people. She loves too much, trusts too much, expects too much and then gets hurt too much. But something about them is different. Something tells me they aren't like those people. Call it gut feeling or 'vibe-check' as Aria calls it but there is a certain glow in good people. The way they look at her, full of love and adoration. 

"Are you listening?" Aria tugged at my arm.

"Yeah, sorry. I zoned out." I said.

"I was asking if you wanna stay over tonight?" She asked.

"No, actually I would love to but I already made plans with Alex. He'll kill me if I cancel them now." I said. It wasn't fully a lie. I actually had plans with Alex but I'm going to spend the night at Garcias. They are preparing a surprise party for her because Uncle and Aunt have to go out of town urgently and her brothers don't even remember it, I guess. They haven't talked about it at all so it's safe to say they forgot again. 

"Oh that's okay. I don't wanna see a murder documentary based on your real life either." She laughed butt it didn't quite reached her eyes.

"What are you thinking about Aria?" I asked.

"Huh?" She said giving me a confused look.

"What is one your mind?" I asked again.

"Do you think any of them remember? I mean at least Elijah?" She asked lowly. 

"I-I don't know. Maybe they want to surprise you or something?" I said unsure of what else to say. I don't know if I should just say the truth and tell her to get over it but I can't bring myself to crush the hopeful look in her eyes. She still thinks something will change their hearts. That it's just a bad phase that'll pass. And I don't think it's right to take that hope away from her. Hope is the only thing that keeps us going and everyone deserves it.

"Surprise me. I don't even remember the last time they did that." She chuckled humorlessly. 

"Aria-" I tried to comfort her but couldn't find the right words.

"Actually, I think Alex was right. I'm too blind and stupid. I always run away from my problems instead of facing them. I expect too much and then cry abut it." She said. I cursed under my breath. It wasn't exactly unexpected from Alex. That jerk has no filter in his mouth. He says what he feels and it's not always pleasant to hear. I don't even want to know what other 'reality-checks' ;as he calls it; he gave her. 

"Don't take his words seriously. He speaks shit anyway." I muttered. 

"He was really good to me you know. He helped me a lot." She laughed. 

"I should get going now. I'll see you tomorrow." I said standing up and grabbing my phone.

"Yeah. See ya." She said and got up giving me a quick hug. I smiled and exited her room making my way down the stairs when a certain someone bumped into me. 

"Watch your steps Davis." Xavier growled. 

"You should watch yours Hernandez." I retorted mimicking him. He didn't seemed to take the joke well and continued glaring at me.

"I know I'm handsome but stop staring, will you?" I rolled my eyes.

"Will you mind telling me what you are doing in my house?" He asked towering up at me, trying his best to intimidate me and nothing will piss him more than knowing he's failing.

"Well, if you forgot I am your sister's bestfriend and I can come and go whenever I please. You have no right to question me." I said emphasising the word 'bestfriend'. Xavier hates me with passion. He would glare at me or push me whenever he gets the chance. I don't know the reason, I never really asked.

"Well, if you forgot I'm her brother and I have every right to question you." He said, his nostrils flaring with anger. This dude seriously got some issues. I get now why he scares Aria so much. He looks like a freaking pig yelling at your face. 

"It's funny knowing you still remember it." I chuckled dryly fueling his anger even more. He clenched and unclenched his fists.

"Dude, if this is your attempt to scare me, you are failing miserably. I suggest you try again after practicing." I said putting a hand on his shoulder which he shoved away immediately. I know I'm playing with fire but that's exactly how I like it. Xavier looked at me as if trying his best not to beat the hell out of me. 

"You got guts." He said.

"More than you." I replied in a monotone voice.

"Don't freaking test my patience Davis. If you ask me I suggest you get the hell out of here." He snorted.

"Well no one asked you Hernandez." I said sarcastically. 

"I've always wanted to be one of those people who didn't really care much about what people thought about them.. but I don't think I am."
-Harry Styles.
👑

Hi Guys!
I hope you all are safe and healthy.

This chapter wasn't supposed to be out till Friday but all your wonderful comments yesterday made me finish it a little bit sooner. First of all, thank you so much all of you for being so understanding, patient and supportive. I know I don't update much but trust me I am trying my best. I hope I somehow made it up to you guys now.

Question of the chapter- Which country do you want to visit?

Tell me your thoughts about the chapter.

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💙