ch9 - domestic

"So uhh... Are we gonna fuck?"

Byakuya and Yasuhiro have made it back to the latter's house. It was a lot tidier than Byakuya would have guessed. It was really small too, only having one bedroom, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a garage, all connected by a very small living room. Byakuya wasn't allowed to go into the garage, it's where all of Yasuhiro's black web items are stored. His OOPArts are lined on shelves which are connected to his vibrant orange bedroom wall. Well, fake OOPArts that is.

"That depends, would you like to?"

"Dunno, did you want to?"

"I wasn't planning on it, no."

"Alright, so cuddles?"

Byakuya stifles over a genuine laugh for a moment before regaining his composure. It wasn't one of those fake laughs he did when someone did something embarrassing, or one he gave when he realized something others couldn't. Byakuya was genuinely amused by his lover's word choice.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, I just never thought I would hear the word cuddle come out of a grown man's mouth."

"What else would I have said? Snuggle?"

Byakuya lets out another chuckle, not bothering to conceal it more than bringing a hand over his lips.

"Curl up? Huddle?" Yasuhiro continues, walking closer to Byakuya who's biting his own tongue in an attempt to not burst out into laughter.

Byakuya Togami was not a man who was easily humored, although he was with Yasuhiro.

The blond looks up at Yasuhiro, who he's realised is far closer to him than previously. The brunette pushes Byakuya's bangs to the side with a gentle hand, before planting a soft and chaste kiss to the blonde's forehead.

We should probably get to bed for the night," Yasuhiro says, a lot quieter due to the newfound closeness between him and Byakuya.

"Yes, we should."

Byakuya and Yasuhiro slip underneath the covers, both men in more casual attire. Byakuya had to borrow a pair of Yasuhiro's sweatpants and hoodie to sleep in for the night.

Byakuya soaks up the body warmth and touch of the man that clings onto him. Yasuhiro's arms are wrapped around Byakuya's torso, and his head rests on Byakuya's chest. One of Byakuya's hands rests over Yasuhiro's arm.

Byakuya soaks up Yasuhiro's body warmth, basking in his presence and drifting away to sleep in his strong but gentle arms.

»»————-  ————-««

"Are you awake?"

Byakuya waits a few seconds before answering.

"Unfortunately. Why?"

Byakuya feels Yasuhiro exhale a shaky sigh against his neck.

"Are you sure you wanna do this? I mean there's so much at stake for you and- and-"

"Yasuhiro, I would not have confessed if I was unsure about any of this."

Yasuhiro goes silent. Byakuya comes close to drifting off to sleep again until;

"Right, sorry. It's just... Why'd you stop me from telling Kirigiri and Maizono about us?"